By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Discussion Thread: The Greatest Games Event 2017 - FINISH YOUR LISTS

Player2 said:
uran10 said:

Correct on both,

#50 is easy tho

and #49 can be a bit tricky but its a fairly recent remake

Okay, Okay.

50 - Ace Attorney?

49 - Dragon Quest VII

Correct on Both!

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Around the Network
Salnax said:

A few hints for the first few on my list.

50. This platformer, part of a longrunning series, is the second of an informal trilogy. It also included some minigames, which were later turned into standalone titles.

49. This is the video game adaptation of a card adaptation of a video game, released for the Game Boy Color. It has a sequel, but it was never brought outside of Japan.

48. This Japanese DS game is an RPG that lets you collect and grow monsters. It has nothing to do with Pokemon, being part of another long-running franchise.

47. One of the oldest games on this list, this Nintendo classic all but requires a guide for newtime players.

46. An odd sort of on rails shooter, released around the turn of the century. In typical Nintendo fashion, there is minimal violence.

48 Is DragonQuest Monsters Joker.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Mnementh said:

Some hints for my upcoming games:

#49: This multiplatform title from a hungarian developer I played on my WiiU.
#48: Once there was a great gaming series that dominated a specific genre of gaming. The company doing the series was associated with this genre. But then videogaming changed - with the introduction of graphics. My game 48 is an attempt to revive the series in this new environment.
#47: A young ingenious developer invented this gaming series and redefined the genre. The installment I chose for the list is on Wii.
#46: This DOS-game took 3D-gaming serious. Seriously, you could rotate and move at all three axis. That made orientation sometimes difficult and the automap looked... interesting. The packed-in level-creator lead to the circulation of some very interesting fan-made levels.
#45: The rogue-like that made rogue-likes popular. I include in this place the most popular... let's say mod.

#48 Ultima 6?

#46 Descent?

#45 Nethack?

Wow, two of three right! That probably means you're as old as I, as the only game you didn't try is the newer one (OK, the hint was kinda obscure too). Descent is correct, and nethack too, although I put it together with Slashem, which is kinda a game of the year edition of nethack.

But Ultima is wrong. I realize, yes that's another old series that had tries to revive it.

So some additional hints:

#49: In this game Marvel Heroes meet the Walking Dead.

#48: You're eaten by a Grue.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Salnax said:

49. This is the video game adaptation of a card adaptation of a video game, released for the Game Boy Color. It has a sequel, but it was never brought outside of Japan.

Pokémon TCG! It's also on my list somewhere.

Mnementh said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

#48 Ultima 6?

#46 Descent?

#45 Nethack?

Wow, two of three right! That probably means you're as old as I, as the only game you didn't try is the newer one (OK, the hint was kinda obscure too). Descent is correct, and nethack too, although I put it together with Slashem, which is kinda a game of the year edition of nethack.

But Ultima is wrong. I realize, yes that's another old series that had tries to revive it.

So some additional hints:

#49: In this game Marvel Heroes meet the Walking Dead.

#48: You're eaten by a Grue.

Yeah I am an old timer (at least compared to most of the posters here).  I've never played Nethack, but I have fond memories of Descent.  It almost made my list.

#49 is The Walking Dead?
#48 is Zork, or some remastered version of Zork

I got nothin' for #47

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Flilix said:

#50 Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle

#49 Grand Theft Skate

#48 Super Mario Brothers 2 babyyy!!

That's none.

49 is Tony Hawk American Wasteland.

Ultrashroomz said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

47 Metroid Zero Mission?

Yep.

49 is some Jojo game. Probably the SNES one.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

The_Liquid_Laser said: 

#49 is an arcade game that uses a trackball and was co-developed by a female at a time when there were almost no females in the game industry.

No one has gotten my #49 so here is another clue:

The enemies are all bugs.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
The_Liquid_Laser said: 

#49 is an arcade game that uses a trackball and was co-developed by a female at a time when there were almost no females in the game industry.

No one has gotten my #49 so here is another clue:

The enemies are all bugs.

Centipede?

Slarvax said:
Ultrashroomz said:

Yep.

49 is some Jojo game. Probably the SNES one.

You're on the right track, wrong platform.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Player2 said:
Salnax said:

50. This platformer, part of a longrunning series, is the second of an informal trilogy. It also included some minigames, which were later turned into standalone titles.

48. This Japanese DS game is an RPG that lets you collect and grow monsters. It has nothing to do with Pokemon, being part of another long-running franchise.

47. One of the oldest games on this list, this Nintendo classic all but requires a guide for newtime players.

46. An odd sort of on rails shooter, released around the turn of the century. In typical Nintendo fashion, there is minimal violence.

49 - Pokemon Trading Card Game

48 - Dragon Quest Monsters

46 - Pokemon Snap

#49 and #46 are correct, but Dragon Quest Monsters is nowhere on my list.

Love and tolerate.