By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you answer the door at 8pm?

Tagged games:

8pm isn't even late...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Hiku said:

http://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2017/10/16/safe-cities-index-2017-tokyo-worlds-safest-city

Calling London one of the 20 safest cities in the world really makes me doubt that list's legitimacy...

Look at the other cities on the list. London being number 20 makes sense. Almost all big cities are dangerous, and smaller cities are not included. Brussels for example, is the probably least safe city in Belgium, but none of the other Belgian cities are on the list.

Yeah Tokyo is safe for a city... But I wouldn't call it safe at all compared to my hometown.

Speaking of which, yeah I would answer the door in my hometown at 8pm. But in my OP I am talking about a busy city with 100s of drunks walking around at 8pm. I suppose context is key, most times if you answer the door here it is just someone stupid and not dangerous, but at 8pm the risk is higher.

I never answer the door, no matter what the time of the day, unless I specifically am waiting for someone with whom I have previously agreed to meet at an exact time. But if someone randomly knocks at my door I simply do not answer. If they have something relevant to tell me, let them leave a note or email me or something like that.

I haven't answered my door in many years and back when I did, it was never for a good reason, either a mistake or a prank or some peddler wishing to sell his wares or some religious people wishing to convert me etc...
But never did I answer a random knock to see the person give me money or a hot chick to have sex with or a company to tell me they wish to pay me crap loads of money for a job doing something I'd love to do etc...

So there is no good reason for me to EVER again answer a random knock at my door.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 12 November 2017

I would look through the peephole and decide from there

(Formerly RCTjunkie)