By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you answer the door at 8pm?

Tagged games:

Ka-pi96 said:
I never answer the door unless I'm expecting someone.

(At night time) Same here! Or there were time where I opened the window upstairs and talked to the person through that. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Wow I’m shocked that some people here straight up wouldn’t answer the door? Every time the door goes, we answer it. Is it an American, or European, thing to not answer the door late at night??

After seeing the movie the strangers, no way.

Even before that, still no. Too many crazy evil ppl in the world. A knock late at night could be them testing to see if anyone is home and then if not, they would begin the break in. Sometimes even if they know someone is home.

There was a story the other day on the news where a man rang a mans doorbell around that time at night and said supposedly he had the wrong house. Came back 5 mins later and broke in the front door. The homeowner had his gun ready and shot and killed him. So no, I’m not answering the door at night. I advise anyone not to.

A little more context on my place.

A very tiny apartment on the ground floor. A single massive window for my room and it is very hard to see door from anywhere. Door has no peephole. I can hear anything that would happen around my door, heck a few nights ago some drunks turned my doorknob, luckily it was locked. So if the person from tonight was breaking in I would hide and call the police right away with a hammer in my hand lol. I don't think they would be able to get away without a lookout for any police, so I would think it would be too risky to break in while the lights are on. The better option would be to get me to answer the door and hold me hostage.

I live in a pretty tame place, but 8pm at night is sketch. Would feel better if 5pm or before.

After a home invasion a couple years ago, I'm rather disinclined to open the door at night for anyone I don't recognize.

Around the Network

Most of neighbors are retirees...and I generally trust people in this area, so I would answer. I'm pretty hard to intimidate, and I like to think I'm a good neighbor on top of that.

8 o'clock isn't really that late for me anyway...usually I get home from work around 6. In the summer it's still light out!

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Yes, I would open. I live in a small street in a small village, and my house is more than 200m from the street. So I doubt that any bad guys would come here. Also, I have lights outside at my front door, so I can see who it is.

Reminds me of the time I arrived at my brothers place at 2 am, the door was locked so I climbed through the window , just has I turned on the light my sister in law appeared at the bedroom door and in a loud voice shouted out you can come out from under the bed now, my brother sheepishly came out of the bedroom to the sound of her laughter along with I told you it would be Michael he always turns up at odd times .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I can't even count the times I didn't open the door to my apartment. Dunno what kind of morons are running around here but I'm not opening my door unless I expect someone, no matter the time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sure. I'd not open the door, but shout "who is it, what do you want, state your business quickly or be gone!"

Hunting Season is done...