By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

TalonMan said:
Hynad said:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/232694/the-vgchartz-website-development-thread-post-suggestionsfeedback/111/#7

Ok - well it doesn't appear to be happening with ALL links though it's definitely happening with SOME of them (this one does it to me, too from the Dashboard page - but several others in the list, work perfectly normal), and I'll need to figure out why that is.

My guess is it has something to do with "post counts" (what you have your "max posts" set to and what it thinks it should be - or something like that!!). Anyway - thanks for the link, this will help!!

For reference, mine is set to 100 per page.

Edit: And you’re right, some links do work. Very strange.

Last edited by Hynad - on 14 November 2020

Around the Network
TalonMan said:

I was right - it wasn't holding the "max posts" setting, and screwing the URLs up. All fixed!!

Let me know if you see anything else not working on that page - like I said, there were a number of places that were absolutely broken (can't remember them off-hand at the moment), but all were corrected!!

Will do! Thanks for addressing this in such a short notice!

Bol

Last edited by FromDK - on 27 November 2020

As to why for #3, I think it's because some messages were deleted throwing off the count. Posting new messages to the thread might help, not sure...

I like having sticked threads visible

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Was told that this thread was a better place for my post:

Ads on this site are on another level from literally every other site I've ever visited. All you volunteers are doing an amazing job regarding both moderation and technical aspects and I know you can't do anything about ads as only ioi manages that. But what you see below is a big part of the reason why I'm no longer frequenting. This is with my regular adblocker activated but it's clearly not good enough for VGC. Pic on the right is to illustrate how small my actual window really is (and that's even ignoring that obnoxious "Become a VGC Supporter"-button).

@TalonMan @Machina  Sorry to pester you guys, but I have a problem to edit my post in the official greatest game event. Only since today (as you can see edits were happening before). Apparently I am not alone in this.

Symptoms: After editing I click submit, but it takes me back to the edit form without the edits. Loading the post itself shows no changes.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

@TalonMan @Machina  Sorry to pester you guys, but I have a problem to edit my post in the official greatest game event. Only since today (as you can see edits were happening before). Apparently I am not alone in this.

Symptoms: After editing I click submit, but it takes me back to the edit form without the edits. Loading the post itself shows no changes.

I'm having the same issue.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Machina said:
Mnementh said:

This should be resolved now.

@AlbiNecroxz reported a similar issue, and that should also now be fixed.

Yes, works now. Thanks guys, you do great work!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Machina said:
Mnementh said:

This should be resolved now.

@AlbiNecroxz reported a similar issue, and that should also now be fixed.

Yep, it works for me too. Thank you guys!

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg