Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Not sure if this has been addressed here or was intentional but since you've changed a few things I notice that on some threads with a lot of pages the page selection has a little overlapping going on with it.

This is taken from Firefox most recent build at 100% scaling

Just that page 5 has slipped under the most recent page button, just in case this is another instance of a change elsewhere causing adverse impact where it wasn't desired, know that you're doing a few changes behind the scenes!

I noticed that, too - but not entirely sure how it happened. I've only been messing around with background and text colors which should have absolutely no effect on padding and sizing...      ...then again, we're currently using FIVE different .css files (sometimes all within the same damn page), so God only knows what is touching what at this point. :(

The way it looks now sort of looks like a nice style with the tucked under last page which is still clickable... but I was thinking that it was possibly not intentional so I just said I'd mention it in case it was something being changed elsewhere having the impact, just easier to highlight something before it changes from minor visual impact to actual usability impact.

- I'm just going to test something with this post as well. sorry if it looks strange a minute! I'll fix / edit back in a moment.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
TalonMan said:

I noticed that, too - but not entirely sure how it happened. I've only been messing around with background and text colors which should have absolutely no effect on padding and sizing...      ...then again, we're currently using FIVE different .css files (sometimes all within the same damn page), so God only knows what is touching what at this point. :(

The way it looks now sort of looks like a nice style with the tucked under last page which is still clickable... but I was thinking that it was possibly not intentional so I just said I'd mention it in case it was something being changed elsewhere having the impact, just easier to highlight something before it changes from minor visual impact to actual usability impact.

- I'm just going to test something with this post as well. sorry if it looks strange a minute! I'll fix / edit back in a moment.

I've gone ahead and cleaned it up. Not sure it was related to the work I've been doing - may have been like this for awhile, and nobody really noticed...    ...anyway - it looks right to me, now.

Nah - it's still not 100% correct. When you click to page 4, it should technically drop the Page 2 from the list, center page 4 in the middle, and have page 5 and 12 to the right...

ugh - what a pita

Ok - NOW the paging looks right! WHEW!!!! >:|

Ganoncrotch said:
TalonMan said:

I fixed the issue with blowing up the quote box...

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I fixed the issue with blowing up the quote box...

Thumbsup.jpg

Like I said it was one of those "issues" that I figured would be a easy fix in the right hands but unless the right hands were on the site then bringing up the problem would just shine a light on a coding oversight for people to dick around with and ruin threads.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Thanks for all the hard work TalonMan.

I just want to edit my posts easily with a

tag. What we have now is awful.

And what about https ?

Every time I come to this site now on mobile 5 seconds later it automatically redirects to spam is there a way to fix it?

TalonMan said:
JEMC said:

Yes, all the forum sections (Hot Topics, Rorum Index, Latest Topics, My Topics, etc.) as well as the sub index (Gaming, Nintendo, Sony, etc.) appear to have a smaller font than before, and also smaller than the one in each thread.

And you mean (specifically) the "green" thread titles themselves? Are ALL the text that appears on the listing pages?

I swear (and I've just double-checked to confirm), NONE of this was touched - not even for the "dark mode" changes. I only changed font colors within the threads themselves, not on those listing pages...    ...weird!!

I think all of it is smaller, from the topic, author and last post. But, because it's not something I usually pay attention to, I don't know if the numbers are smaller too or not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.