By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

As mentioned above, mine also displays strange.  Also on Mac OS.

And for the flag display for the first column, just have USA & Canada?

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

So, I just noticed a couple of things.

First, daylight saving time has some... issues, I think. Daylight saving time just ended here, uh, I think 2.5 hours ago, but the post I posted just a moment ago still shows the time as it would be if daylight saving time was still active. Disabling 'Adjust for DST' from my settings doesn't seem to help either. Judging by a quick look at the requests my browser makes, it looks like the pages are rendered server-side, so fixing this could possibly be a bit nasty, no? Anyway, now you know about this issue, if you didn't already.

Second, when opening the 'Website Topics' section, this thread shows 49 pages of messages. However, clicking on the last one brings me to VGChartz front page. If I open the first page of the thread instead, it's all good, but then it shows there's only 26 pages of content. I suspect it's because I've probably changed my posts per page setting, which the thread view itself respects but the 'Website Topics' section does not.

Probably was brought up before, but I'll mention it. Any chance of a "Go to page" option next to the page number? You know, you click on "Go to page" then insert the number you want to go to. Yes, I can just go to the address bar and do it myself, but it just feels like the site should have this feature.

What happened to the poll of the week? Zelda was by far the most anticipated game 2023 by a huge margin for quite some time. Now it's Spiderman 2? This doesn't look normal.

Around the Network
siebensus4 said:

What happened to the poll of the week? Zelda was by far the most anticipated game 2023 by a huge margin for quite some time. Now it's Spiderman 2? This doesn't look normal.

It's up to you how you interpret this information, I'm not saying what happened one way or another but providing a little information.

PotW (via front page) and Thread Polls work differently. Thread Polls are tied to your account, so you can only vote once and cannot vote if you're logged out. PotW is tied to your IP...So...You could theoretically vote as much as you want as long as you know how to change your IP or don't have a static IP.

I honestly wanted PotW to be based on accounts, partly because I want people to actually sign up to use our features but also because it can easily be manipulated, I've tested it myself. I don't know if that is what has happened here and I have no way of confirming it was manipulated for Spider-Man to take over but it is a possibility.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 09 January 2023