By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

jlauro said:

Zkuq said:

Hmm, that's interesting. I'm still getting it on the main page:

My PC's time also seems to be correct, so it's not that either... It's a Let's Encrypt certificate which says it's valid from Sep 20 until Dec 19 (i.e. when I reported the problem). I can provide more details about the certificate if necessary, but I'm getting the same issue in both Chrome and Firefox, so there's definitely something wrong with the certificate.

tl;dr: Reboot (cold restart, not just sleep) your machine and that should flush all caches and fix it.

Longer answer: Can you tell what IP your machine is connecting to?  (You can try "netstat -an" at a shell/command prompt in most OS right after loading a page).  It should show 69.41.13.62.  If it doesn't, but shows 65.111.186.138 (the old server that is proxying connections to the new server) then that is the problem.  If you haven't restarted your browser in a few weeks, it might be holding onto the old ip.

Try ping www.vgchartz.com and see which IP it is using.  If the old IP, try flushing your dns cache (different depending on OS).  Most browsers cache DNS outside of the OS, so you can't assume the browser is using the same IP and ping if it's been running awhile.

That was... unexpected. I got the issue fixed, but your instructions were not quite enough. netstat -an was indeed showing the old IP address for vgchartz.com. However, even after restarting my PC and flushing the DNS cache manually, it was still showing the old IP address. ping vgchartz.com was showing the new IP address, but ping www.vgchartz.com was showing the new IP address. For a while, I wondered if some DNS server might still be giving out the old IP address, but it seemed unlikely. I finally rebooted my router, and it seems fine now. I guess my router must have had some caching as well... (I also flushed by browser's DNS cache after rebooting my browser since it seemed to have one, but since it works in two different browsers now, it must've been the router instead.)

Anyway, thanks! Your help certainly seems to have pointed my in the right direction in what seemed like a fairly bizarre case to me. :)

Around the Network

Hey @TalonMan. This isn't a particularly urgent issue, but I thought I'd bring it up anyway. The articles and news stories on the front page have a little box with a number inside it indicating how many comments have been made. I have found the number in the little box does not match the actual number of comments in some of the articles. Like this one which displays 13 in the box, but contains 16 comments.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/446932/xbox-series-s-will-hold-up-for-graphically-intensive-games-says-super-meat-boy-forever-dev/

Once I noticed the first instance of this, I found other articles with the same discrepancy.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 12 January 2021

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Is there a way to see more than 8 "Latest Shipment Updates"?

Could you create a page or new "box/filter" with the updates (series mostly, as they are harder to find)?

Some series are updated with dates like "as of 2018/2017" (and so on) and besides the last 8 results it's hard to keep track of them. If you use the "last update" filter in Game Total charts they don't appear, because of those older dates (like 2018/2017).

Last edited by GonSama - on 12 January 2021

Is there a way to reduce the spacing between lines in the rich text editor?

Thanks!

GonSama said:

Is there a way to see more than 8 "Latest Shipment Updates"?

Could you create a page or new "box/filter" with the updates (series mostly, as they are harder to find)?

Some series are updated with dates like "as of 2018/2017" (and so on) and besides the last 8 results it's hard to keep track of them. If you use the "last update" filter in Game Total charts they don't appear, because of those older dates (like 2018/2017).

Is there any way?

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

Is there a way to reduce the spacing between lines in the rich text editor?

If you hold the [shift] key while hitting a line break, you can reduce the spacing:

- New line hitting enter, without holding the [shift] key
 - New line hitting enter, while holding the [shift] key

Thanks!

BraLoD said:

Ads don't want to let me post by getting over the submit post button during quick reply on mobile.

I would post a screenshot, but it's getting over the file size limit so heh.

I had the same thing happen today lol I had to wait till the ad disappeared. 

Hey, I'm only here because of how this website is doing lately. I've noticed that I keep getting error messages every time I try to search for something on the VGChartz website. I used this website (https://isitup.org/vgcchartz.com) and it tells me it's down. What is going on right now?

EDIT: It seems to be working fine again. 

EDIT2: Okay, so it seems the error message goes away when I'm logged in for some reason.

Some portions of the site are rate limited when not logged in.  Searching, game pages, etc.

Can someone look into the mobile version of this website?

details of the problem here https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/244866/what-happened-to-the-mobile-version-of-the-website/1/#13