By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

JEMC said:
Talon, did you change the font or the font size while working on the dark theme? Because to me the text is smaller than it used to be. Not inside the threads, but on the Topics sections.

Btw, I like the idea of a dark theme.

I'm noticing the same. I kind of like it, although it does seem a bit small, even though I do like smaller fonts than what are currently very popular. I'm fine with this too, though.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
JEMC said:
Talon, did you change the font or the font size while working on the dark theme? Because to me the text is smaller than it used to be. Not inside the threads, but on the Topics sections.

I'm noticing the same. I kind of like it, although it does seem a bit small, even though I do like smaller fonts than what are currently very popular. I'm fine with this too, though.

I don't mind the different font, but the smaller size does bother me a little, to be honest.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

TalonMan said:
CGI-Quality said:

As an example, before an after (of course, the 'Dark' would need cleaning up, but perhaps that works):

Yeah - so all the text would need new font/color schemes, too. If it were just a matter of changing the background, I could do that in a flash - but all the text, borders, headings, etc. need to be changed so that they're legible and stand out against the darkened background...  :(

While that is actually really easy on the eye, you also have things like the dark blue colouring used for the Sony systems fading into the background fairly drastically (at least on my "monitor", it could be clearer on others) I just recall that with the mobile version I think you mention Brett was very keen to have sales above all else, while that CGi pic is easy on the eye, wonder if it would draw ire from him that the sales doesn't pop out if you understand me?

Would be cool on mobile devices though, esp at night. I'll see if I can poach a shot of another forum with a nice looking "night" mode later today for ideas if it would be of use.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TalonMan said:
JEMC said:

I honestly don't think I did - ALL of the work I'm doing for this, is being done in separate .css files that currently only Carl, CGI, Trunks, and myself are getting served up. Everybody else should still see things exactly as they've been, all along. That's not to say I didn't screw something up unintentionally!! LOL!!

Can you be more specific as to where you're seeing the font change? Are you talking about here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/board.php?id=3

Somewhere else? Which text looks different?

Yes, all the forum sections (Hot Topics, Rorum Index, Latest Topics, My Topics, etc.) as well as the sub index (Gaming, Nintendo, Sony, etc.) appear to have a smaller font than before, and also smaller than the one in each thread.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Not sure if this has been addressed here or was intentional but since you've changed a few things I notice that on some threads with a lot of pages the page selection has a little overlapping going on with it.

This is taken from Firefox most recent build at 100% scaling

Just that page 5 has slipped under the most recent page button, just in case this is another instance of a change elsewhere causing adverse impact where it wasn't desired, know that you're doing a few changes behind the scenes!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Not sure if this has been addressed here or was intentional but since you've changed a few things I notice that on some threads with a lot of pages the page selection has a little overlapping going on with it.

This is taken from Firefox most recent build at 100% scaling

Just that page 5 has slipped under the most recent page button, just in case this is another instance of a change elsewhere causing adverse impact where it wasn't desired, know that you're doing a few changes behind the scenes!

I noticed that, too - but not entirely sure how it happened. I've only been messing around with background and text colors which should have absolutely no effect on padding and sizing...      ...then again, we're currently using FIVE different .css files (sometimes all within the same damn page), so God only knows what is touching what at this point. :(

The way it looks now sort of looks like a nice style with the tucked under last page which is still clickable... but I was thinking that it was possibly not intentional so I just said I'd mention it in case it was something being changed elsewhere having the impact, just easier to highlight something before it changes from minor visual impact to actual usability impact.

- I'm just going to test something with this post as well. sorry if it looks strange a minute! I'll fix / edit back in a moment.

TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The way it looks now sort of looks like a nice style with the tucked under last page which is still clickable... but I was thinking that it was possibly not intentional so I just said I'd mention it in case it was something being changed elsewhere having the impact, just easier to highlight something before it changes from minor visual impact to actual usability impact.

- I'm just going to test something with this post as well. sorry if it looks strange a minute! I'll fix / edit back in a moment.

I fixed the issue with blowing up the quote box...

Thumbsup.jpg

Like I said it was one of those "issues" that I figured would be a easy fix in the right hands but unless the right hands were on the site then bringing up the problem would just shine a light on a coding oversight for people to dick around with and ruin threads.

Thanks for all the hard work TalonMan.

I just want to edit my posts easily with a

tag. What we have now is awful.

And what about https ?

Every time I come to this site now on mobile 5 seconds later it automatically redirects to spam is there a way to fix it?