By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

No outfit customisation would be a bummer. I've spent many hours in the fashion view in X.

Around the Network

Looking at season pass, I'm surprised to see it just say "rare blade" for one of the releases.

The amount of rare blades shown off thus far makes it seem like that DLC should be like another 10 rare blades, not just one.

irstupid said:
Looking at season pass, I'm surprised to see it just say "rare blade" for one of the releases.

The amount of rare blades shown off thus far makes it seem like that DLC should be like another 10 rare blades, not just one.

Hope the rare blade features Dante from the Devil May Cry Series.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
guiduc said:

Barely lasted 15 minutes xD

Tell me guiduc...was it good?

It was okay. The environment design is phenomenal. I try to be excited for this game but guess I'm not that into Xenoblade... I need to kick my ass and try it out.

Nuvendil said:
Wyrdness said:

Western site is now fully live.

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/

Man the screenshots on that site look so much better than E3.  They really made tremendous progress in such short order.

That's because Nintendo goes Graphics last instead of Graphics first like virtually everybody else in videogame development. This ensures that a game has less bugs at release, but early showings won't look nearly as good as the final game does.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

I noticed a lot of changed names between the English and Japanese versions.
in Japanese, the person at the end with blode hair said their name was "Hikari" (Light/光), but the subtitles said "Mythra."
"Elysium" in Japanese is "Rakuen" (Paradise/楽園).
Pyra = Homura (Flame/焔).

Huh.  The only one that doesn't seem to fit is Mythra.  Elysium is a term for paradise in certain mythologies and Pyra obviously references fire.

IkePoR said:

Notes:

Season pass.

Two waifus for the price of one not-Monado

Game still sadly doesn't look like it's for this huge Xeno fan

Welp...

Unfortunately, same here. I seen every single piece of media for this game and nothing about this game gets me excited the way the first or X got me. I admit defeat, this game just isn't for me. 

I hope the game sells well for the series sake, other than that I have no interest and I hope they alternate with the X series.

*edit* Also, guessed the big "twist" in this game from the first trailer, not that it wasn't fairly obvious.

Last edited by bigtakilla - on 07 November 2017

I only saw like a minute of the direct. A question who those who saw the whole thing:

Does it contain many possible spoilers ?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I only saw like a minute of the direct. A question who those who saw the whole thing:

Does it contain many possible spoilers ?

I'd say that yep, it tells the story background so if you want to be spoiler-free don't see it.

Wyrdness said:
Did any of the previous games have its own ND? I know they were in a few NDs but I don't think thy got their own.

While not technically a ND, there were specific videos by Nintendo for XCX. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxO6qaXUcGc

25 days before launch.