By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Cobretti2 said:
IkePoR said:

Why would people even complain about this?  The Switch has no reigon lock - just by a Japanese copy.

Agree on that.

It is kind of cool you can do it but not a fan of the DLC for it to work. Seriously could have put it all on one cart lol.

That mean they have to rise the data of cartridge and of course it will cost 70$

Around the Network

Crap. I literally won't be able to sleep day one of playing the game; not until I get past the story point from the end of that trailer.

I'm happy for dual audio, and (for me) year-out DLC just means expanded content for a game that's already finished. I'll gladly take more Xenoblade!

Xenoblade Chronicles X was one of my "Top 12" games for the Wii U: https://youtu.be/6SUglODVdXw

Pleased to see final confirmation that this game is actually launching this year. I was questioning that for a while.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Nuvendil said:
I don't know if people in this thread are aware but when it comes to season passes you can just...wait. None of the content is going anywhere, there are no preorder bonuses in there. Just wait until you know more. A season pass is a preorder for DLC, all it is. Just like with games, you can choose to wait. Just do that. And honestly, the meat of the content is coming 6 to 10 months after launch, imo that's about right for proper DLC anyway. Would be nice if the DLC was available for purchase in pieces.

Anyway, there seems to be no indication whatsoever of the game being feature incomplete. So I really don't care.

But moving on from that topic, the overall presentation was pretty dang hype. Looks like an exceptional game at this point. And assuming this is the final build, the improvements over E3 are enormous.

Agree with everything you said.

I will be playing with English VA btw. I want to hear what's going on, not read.

Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

PC is the best way to experiance it now.... Xenoblade looks amasing in dolphin with texture packs, and high resolutions.

The story is great, though its the gameplay/grind thats fun, that ll get you playing it and staying with it.

It has a mmo-vibe too it, but its fun.

Or you know, get a legit copy ? I mean the game is available on Wii, WiiU virtual console and New3DS/New2DS.

You can have a legit copy.. and still choose to play it on pc, since thats where it plays best.

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
Cobretti2 said:

Agree on that.

It is kind of cool you can do it but not a fan of the DLC for it to work. Seriously could have put it all on one cart lol.

That mean they have to rise the data of cartridge and of course it will cost 70$

Obiovusly, but it is a Nintendo game so they can wear the cost. They don't need to cut corners.  The LA Noir is a good example of cutting corners. I would rather pay the extra $10 then buy half a game and need to downlaod the other half.

Looks really great. Hype!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Nuvendil said:
I don't know if people in this thread are aware but when it comes to season passes you can just...wait. None of the content is going anywhere, there are no preorder bonuses in there. Just wait until you know more. A season pass is a preorder for DLC, all it is. Just like with games, you can choose to wait. Just do that. And honestly, the meat of the content is coming 6 to 10 months after launch, imo that's about right for proper DLC anyway. Would be nice if the DLC was available for purchase in pieces.

Anyway, there seems to be no indication whatsoever of the game being feature incomplete. So I really don't care.

But moving on from that topic, the overall presentation was pretty dang hype. Looks like an exceptional game at this point. And assuming this is the final build, the improvements over E3 are enormous.

Plus Xenoblade X, for reference, had expansion packs as well. They were paid, I believe, in Japan and free in the West due to releasing much later. And I don’t think Nintendo is one to make an incomplete game and sell DLC to complete it.

Kai_Mao said:
Nuvendil said:

Plus Xenoblade X, for reference, had expansion packs as well. They were paid, I believe, in Japan and free in the West due to releasing much later. And I don’t think Nintendo is one to make an incomplete game and sell DLC to complete it.

They never did that, as far as I recall.

Ugh....the more I see of it, the more I hate Pyrias character+outfit design.
I just want to give her some warm trousers and a coat. It's not even so much that she's amost comically sexualized (although admittedly that gives me compulsive eyerolling and doesn't help my immersion) it's just that her character design, along with all others is bland and that she has a terrible costume design on top of it.

So far we haven't seen customizable outfits, but I sure hope they're there.