By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

The direct alleviated my one worry about the game: voice acting. By being able to just bypass the english dub, I am now 100% convinced that I'll enjoy this game more than Xenoblade Chronicles X. Also, that's a hell of a lot more crap than I was expecting in-terms of game mechanics and features. Some people might consider it 'overwhelming' and it might be if it were a 10 hour game but Xenoblade games are like, 100hr time sinks so something that detailed, introduced piece-by-piece is going to be second nature to players by the end of the game.

Around the Network

This season pass bullshit is getting ridiculous...

Cobretti2 said:
IkePoR said:

Why would people even complain about this?  The Switch has no reigon lock - just by a Japanese copy.

Agree on that.

It is kind of cool you can do it but not a fan of the DLC for it to work. Seriously could have put it all on one cart lol.

Do we know game size yet?

But I mean look at Witcher 3. Downloading the extra audio packs like doubles the game size. I think it's fine to make 'optional' audio tracks be something that you download. Or optional multiplayer in case of doom 3, ect. As long as companies aren't doing shit like LA Noire and having half the games size be download only and you can't evne play without downloading it.

I suspect this game won't really appeal to me, but I hope it lives up to its predecessors and pleases fans of the franchise. This would cap off a huge first year for Nintendo, but I must admit I'm still surprise it's releasing in December; hope it'll be ready by then!

Vodacixi said:
This season pass bullshit is getting ridiculous...

Nintendo is always a couple of steps behind the times.  While they're just getting into season passes, the true innovators of gaming are devling into lootboxes and 'Games as a Service'.

Around the Network
IkePoR said:

Notes:

Season pass.

Two waifus for the price of one not-Monado

Game still sadly doesn't look like it's for this huge Xeno fan

Welp...

His weapon is called the Waifuss? That’s kind of shit.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

irstupid said:
Cobretti2 said:

Agree on that.

It is kind of cool you can do it but not a fan of the DLC for it to work. Seriously could have put it all on one cart lol.

But I mean look at Witcher 3. Downloading the extra audio packs like doubles the game size. I think it's fine to make 'optional' audio tracks be something that you download. Or optional multiplayer in case of doom 3, ect. As long as companies aren't doing shit like LA Noire and having half the games size be download only and you can't evne play without downloading it.

Yer but i'm a collector, I don't want to collect DLC and hope it works 10 years from now. It is a Nintendo game pretty much so they should bite the bullet and use the bigger cart.

Cobretti2 said:
irstupid said:

Yer but i'm a collector, I don't want to collect DLC and hope it works 10 years from now. It is a Nintendo game pretty much so they should bite the bullet and use the bigger cart.

Voice packs require a massive amount of data, especially for a game this long.

Very satisfied with this direct. I am beyond hyped for this game.

Jumpin said:
IkePoR said:

Notes:

Season pass.

Two waifus for the price of one not-Monado

Game still sadly doesn't look like it's for this huge Xeno fan

Welp...

His weapon is called the Waifuss? That’s kind of shit.

Unfortunate indeed.  Contrastly, they call him Resuu-kun, often through anime gasp.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"