By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

I'm about 60 hours into the first game and I'm loving it. Doing all the side quests though, which, holy crap.... too many.

I think I just started chapter 11 though... Not sure how many there are. This is honestly tied with Fire Emblem for my favourite RPG series....
Each of the 3 Xenoblade games so far have been so different to me, but so consistently outstanding. I wish the series would get Final Fantasy like sales. It really is a phenomenal series.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Friendly Reminder: You're all gonna PAY!

Spoiler!

"You'll pay for your insolence!"

"I know! I know!"

Had me dying! xD

I just finished Definitive Edition today... Oh. My. God... I love this series so freaking much. What a ride. 120 hours of playtime.
Honestly a near perfect game for me (those side quests). Beyond the Sky playing at the end... my eyes watered a bit, now I can't stop listening to the song.
I am very happy to have waited for this version to finally be able to play it. It was everything I hoped for and more.

Many won't agree with this, but I think 2 is just as wonderful as its predecessor. The characters in both games are fantastic. The music in both is fantastic (1 definitely edges out 2, but only just). One thing I enjoyed about 2 more so were those side story quests involving rare blades. It made the grind worth it in my eyes.

Anyway... I love this series so damn much.
I hope for both 3 and X2 someday (and a Switch port of X).

Now onto the epilogue...

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I just finished Definitive Edition today... Oh. My. God... I love this series so freaking much. What a ride. 120 hours of playtime.
Honestly a near perfect game for me (those side quests). Beyond the Sky playing at the end... my eyes watered a bit, now I can't stop listening to the song.

This was pretty much my exact feelings on finishing the game back in 2011.

More than almost any other game I'd ever played, it really felt like I'd gone on this long journey with these characters, and saying goodbye to them, especially as that beautiful song played, got my eyes watering as well.

I'm still working through Xenoblade Chronicles DE.
It's the best revision version of the game, easily, but it's not significantly improved over past versions. The character art updates still leaves a lot to be desired. The characters are far too flat/cartoony, lacking contrast/definition. Not as horrendously flat as Xenoblade Chronicles 2, though. This is the one area of the game where I actually prefer the older version - I can handle low-res graphics, but I have much more trouble with offensive artistic styles as I find they break the immersion and atmosphere of the game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.