By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Dudes, what's wrong with y'all? Today marked the 10th anniverary of the release of the first Xenoblade in Japan, and the birth of this incredible series. Looking forward to its bright future.

The Xenoblade Japan Twitter celebrated with an artwork, which I can't post because I'm on mobile.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
Metallox said:
Dudes, what's wrong with y'all? Today marked the 10th anniverary of the release of the first Xenoblade in Japan, and the birth of this incredible series. Looking forward to its bright future.

The Xenoblade Japan Twitter celebrated with an artwork, which I can't post because I'm on mobile.

Picked up a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive edition today, was hesitant to start Xenoblade Chronicles 2 until I completed that... Also ordered a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles X for WiiU.

Keen to sink my teeth into it all.

Is it worth getting Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna – The Golden Country before or after starting number 2?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Torna is amazing. Very recommended after playing XB2. It's a shorter game at about 20 hours. Tho it's a prequel to XB2. It would not make sense until you played XB2. The correct order to play this series is Xenoblade. Xenoblade 2 and then Torna.

Xenoblade X is not directly connected to story-wise. Maybe one day that will change but won't be anytime soon.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Thanks guys! Really does get annoying when you jump into a game franchise that has a heap of already established games out in the wild, when some addons/expansions/dlc don't add anything, so it helps narrow down which titles to play and when. (I am looking at you Dragon Age)

Will pick up Torna physical soon... Now just need the time to play them. COVID not existing here means work life is back to normal.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

Thanks guys! Really does get annoying when you jump into a game franchise that has a heap of already established games out in the wild, when some addons/expansions/dlc don't add anything, so it helps narrow down which titles to play and when. (I am looking at you Dragon Age)

Will pick up Torna physical soon... Now just need the time to play them. COVID not existing here means work life is back to normal.

I'm looking forward to the trans-Tasman bubble so I can watch the All Blacks lay into the Wallabies.

I'm sure most people won't get this, but what the hell.

Pemalite said:

They really aren’t super connected though, unlike other franchises.  There are certainly things that make more sense having played other entries, but it is all designed to be individual complete games.  

So, newcomers to the game, where are you up to and what are your thoughts on it so far? :)

curl-6 said:

So, newcomers to the game, where are you up to and what are your thoughts on it so far? :)

Curl, you're allowed to buy this game. You're clearly interested, so what's stopping you? How many times have you finished the game, that you don't see the worth to purchase it again?