By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Xenoblade Chronicles Series Thread: Definitive Edition (All Spoilers in Tags)

Japanese ND had around an extra 13 or so minutes of detail, added it to the OP.

Around the Network

My big problem with all of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Directs is how mechanic focused they are. There's no point in overviewing these because it's just disconnected information about the game that will fly right through people who don't know anything about the game. It'd be much more fun to focus almost completely on the world the game takes place in, and the adventure players should expect to be taking.

Save mechanics for gameplay demos, like the Zelda treehouse thing. Show it in the context of the adventure described in the Direct.

Overall, this direct presentation was better than past ones, but could have used some tweaking.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
My big problem with all of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Directs is how mechanic focused they are. There's no point in overviewing these because it's just disconnected information about the game that will fly right through people who don't know anything about the game. It'd be much more fun to focus almost completely on the world the game takes place in, and the adventure players should expect to be taking.

Save mechanics for gameplay demos, like the Zelda treehouse thing. Show it in the context of the adventure described in the Direct.

Overall, this direct presentation was better than past ones, but could have used some tweaking.

The flaw in that is the main draw of the series is exploring by focusing on the world and adventure in NDs you spoil that.

Wyrdness said:
Jumpin said:

The flaw in that is the main draw of the series is exploring by focusing on the world and adventure in NDs you spoil that.

Yeah, my biggest gripe with Mario Odyssey is just how much of the kingdoms and the captures Nintendo spoiled with the pre-release marketing. I'd prefer they focus more on gameplay with these directs and still leave a good chunk of the actual game as a surprise. 

bigtakilla said:
IkePoR said:

Notes:

Season pass.

Two waifus for the price of one not-Monado

Game still sadly doesn't look like it's for this huge Xeno fan

Welp...

Unfortunately, same here. I seen every single piece of media for this game and nothing about this game gets me excited the way the first or X got me. I admit defeat, this game just isn't for me. 

I hope the game sells well for the series sake, other than that I have no interest and I hope they alternate with the X series.

*edit* Also, guessed the big "twist" in this game from the first trailer, not that it wasn't fairly obvious.

For a good while I thought I was alone in this.  Glad to see there's someone I can bounce my reality off of! 

It has failed to make me care about any of the awfully designed characters - I want to like Rex but look at his outfit, listen to his voice and his name is bloddy Rex ffs.  The story seems complicated for complications sake, with as many "guys with swords" shoved in to show off all those awesome swords, which are pretty awesome looking.  Battles look so slow and stiff, the world just looks flat and generic... defiantly not something that screams "explore me."

And I wholeheartedly agree - lots of people seem to like it and I hope it sells well and I hope it's great for them.  As for me, maybe I'll go fire up a Dunban playthrough in XBC, or a giant robot in X on December 1st instead.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I only saw like a minute of the direct. A question who those who saw the whole thing:

Does it contain many possible spoilers ?

I'd say that yep, it tells the story background so if you want to be spoiler-free don't see it.

Yeah, i had a feeling that would be the case. I was sold already so i'll see it when i play it. Thanks for the heads-up.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I’m confused with the combat mechanic. I hope there are tutorials.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:
I’m confused with the combat mechanic. I hope there are tutorials.

It's gradual. Such as you will only have one blade to start with. one or few arts and slowly level up and gain more. Same as all rpgs. I wills ay Xenoblade games are more complex in combat than your average RPG, but still managable when playing from start. I mean watch any discussion video about gamers hands on with this game. They basically all say "wow your dropped in the game like 20 hours in and combat is just overwhelming" And these are xeno players, so its not like they arne't somewhat familiar with the combat.

But drop into any Xeno game 30 hours in and you will be overwhelmed by combat options, crafting options, ect.

But it takes it slow enough in the game and introduces one aspect at a time. I must say that still it isn't the easiest even then. Xenoblade 1 was still a handful even when you start at beginning. Especially when youg et a new character, such as Melia that plays different from everyone else.  But when I first got to the gem crafting in xenoblade, that was a lot to take in. But look at xenoblade. By the end you had like 4 different monado abilities that were effective for certain types of situations, whether shield, speed, ect to stop a OHKO move, yet you learned them one at a time slowly through the game.

Wyrdness said:
Jumpin said:

If the main draw of the series is exploration, then the marketing should certainly reflect that as it will make the game sound more interesting by marketing to its strengths and the things that will make people actually interested in the game.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Wyrdness said:

If the main draw of the series is exploration, then the marketing should certainly reflect that as it will make the game sound more interesting by marketing to its strengths and the things that will make people actually interested in the game.

The marketing should just hype the game up the way the trailer did leaving the player to naturally find things out is better than spoiling it, for reference Zelda is an adventure game but the marketing never focus on the world and adventure.