By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget ALL YOUR Predictions, Animal Crossing gonna SLAY!

Do I look like I care?

Uh.. chill bro... 9 19.15%

Dulfite trippin on duh good stuff man... 2 4.26%

Dulfite, don't smoke wha... 3 6.38%

对于&... 3 6.38%

Yea, I agree... 12 25.53%

It's predictions like th... 4 8.51%

This poll options are so ... 14 29.79%

Total:47

"Animal Crossing will be the #2 selling game on the Switch lifetime, other than Pokemon (and that's only if they release a legit mainline pokemon game, otherwise Animal Crossing is 1st)."

Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros, Pokemon and probably BOTW will all beat Animal Crossing imo.

It will still be the best selling AC game.

I don't know if all those games listed will sell more, but AC won't be in the top 3.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hm... I didn't post in this thread when it was made, but apparently I voted "It's predictions like th..." in the poll. A shame that the option isn't displayed in full.

Anyway... sales of 20m won't be good enough for #2 on Switch.

I hadn’t voted, so I can still see the whole thing. I feel privileged. It says; “It’s predictions like this that make us need the wall.”

It will be the best-selling Animal Crossing at least

It's pretty much a lock to get 15 million lifetime sales, making it the best-selling Animal Crossing title.

I don't see it selling more than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, or Pokemon Sword and Shield. Could it sell a lot and pass by BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey? Maybe, but those two would have to slow down sales a ton. Or AC would have to really go beast mode and sell 20 million or over.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Well I like your optimism.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

All you naysayers! You just wait! 2022 here we come baby!

Been almost a year! Animal Crossing crushing it!

Yeah Dulfite really nailed this! I knew New Horizons would do 12+ million lifetime, but to reach that number already? It's only been a month and a half!

Funny thing is he actually may have undersold it.

JWeinCom said:
Funny thing is he actually may have undersold it.

Yeah I think I did lol.