By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget ALL YOUR Predictions, Animal Crossing gonna SLAY!

Do I look like I care?

Uh.. chill bro... 9 19.15%

Dulfite trippin on duh good stuff man... 2 4.26%

Dulfite, don't smoke wha... 3 6.38%

对于&... 3 6.38%

Yea, I agree... 12 25.53%

It's predictions like th... 4 8.51%

This poll options are so ... 14 29.79%

Total:47
IkePoR said:
Is this satire?

This is satire isn't it?

Yeah, gotta be satire.

Nope! I'll see YOU in 2022, when the dust is settled!

Around the Network

A proper non-lazy 2D Mario will slay Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Probably even combined. So I am over here waiting in the background for that to happen.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

AND LMAO!!! Did people actually Switch was going to fail with Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario, AC and Pokemon!!!!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Dulfite said:
IkePoR said:
Is this satire?

This is satire isn't it?

Yeah, gotta be satire.

Okay, I love Animal Crossing as much as the next guy, but don't you think you're setting yourself up for disappointment?

The best selling 3DS games have sold 16.20M, 15.95M, and 15.91M. For Animal Crossing to be in the top 2, it would need 15.95M, which is nearly 50% more than what the current best-selling Animal Crossing game has sold. On top of that, Switch is selling better than 3DS in both hardware and software, and will likely have games that sell even more than the top 3DS games. Mario Kart, 2D Mario, and Pokemon have all broken 20, even 30 million before. Pokemon likely won't hit 20M again, but 2D Mario and Mario Kart certianly can, given how much their Wii entries sold.

Animal Crossing may get a boost from consolidating the home console and handheld userbases, but then why wouldn't all of Nintendo's other games get boosts of their own?

Animal Crossing will certainly profit from the Switch being a hybrid. That said, there are other potential 10m+ sellers in Nintendo's portfolio: Mario Odyssey, the next 2D Mario, Smash, the next Mario Kart, Pokémon. Competition is stiff! So I wouldn't bet on your prediction.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

AND LMAO!!! Did people actually Switch was going to fail with Zelda, Splatoon 2, Mario, AC and Pokemon!!!!!!

JOIN THE TOM NOOK ARMY!!!!

killeryoshis said:
A proper non-lazy 2D Mario will slay Animal Crossing and Pokemon. Probably even combined. So I am over here waiting in the background for that to happen.                                     
19 New Super Mario Bros. U WiiU 2012 Platform Nintendo 2.30 1.55 1.31 0.33 5.48
2 New Super Mario Bros. DS 2006 Platform Nintendo 11.28 9.15 6.50 2.88 29.81
3 New Super Mario Bros. Wii Wii 2009 Platform Nintendo 14.50 6.95 4.70 2.25 28.40

The question is, will we see the Wii/DS crowd when it comes to this game, or the Wii U crowd? Here is a list of the most successful games on Switch so far and, granted these numbers are low and therefore old, I'd imagine the placements are fairly similar:

1 The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild NS 2017 Action Nintendo 1.83 1.08 0.60 0.29 3.79
2 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe NS 2017 Racing Nintendo 1.22 1.00 0.71 0.21 3.14
3 Splatoon 2 NS 2017 Shooter Nintendo 0.55 0.35 1.23 0.09 2.22
4 Arms NS 2017 Fighting Nintendo 0.40 0.21 0.26 0.06 0.94
5 1-2-Switch NS 2017 Misc Nintendo 0.27 0.30 0.26 0.05 0.88
6 Super Bomberman R NS 2017 Puzzle Konami Digital Entertainment 0.16 0.16 0.11 0.03 0.46
7 Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle NS 2017 Role-Playing Ubisoft 0.11 0.24 0.00 0.03 0.37
8 Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers NS 2017 Fighting Capcom 0.12 0.11 0.04 0.02 0.29
9 LEGO City Undercover NS 2017 Platform Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment 0.09 0.10 0.02 0.02 0.23

Of the top 9, I'd say Zelda, Splatoon, Arms, Bomberman R, M&R, ultra, and lego all appeal more towards the "hardcore" Nintendo fan, not the casual. That is 7/9. And really, Odyssey is up there too now, as I'm sure is FE Warriors, both of which go towards hardcore. And don't deny Odysssey is hardcore, it's a game made for completionists like we haven't seen since 64. All the Wii era and Wii U era 3d mario games (including 3ds) were more for the casual crowd. So that is 11 of the top 13 games more than likely right now are hardcore, with 1-2 switch and Mariokart being more for the casuals. This is probably a good indication that this will not, in fact, be a generation where super mario bros does wii/ds level in sales, but I could be wrong. If they make Mario Maker 2 instead of a super mario 2d game, then I withdraw my prediction as that will sell bonkers due to the hardcore crowd loving it.

StarDoor said:
Dulfite said:

Okay, I love Animal Crossing as much as the next guy, but don't you think you're setting yourself up for disappointment?

The best selling 3DS games have sold 16.20M, 15.95M, and 15.91M. For Animal Crossing to be in the top 2, it would need 15.95M, which is nearly 50% more than what the current best-selling Animal Crossing game has sold. On top of that, Switch is selling better than 3DS in both hardware and software, and will likely have games that sell even more than the top 3DS games. Mario Kart, 2D Mario, and Pokemon have all broken 20, even 30 million before. Pokemon likely won't hit 20M again, but 2D Mario and Mario Kart certianly can, given how much their Wii entries sold.

Animal Crossing may get a boost from consolidating the home console and handheld userbases, but then why wouldn't all of Nintendo's other games get boosts of their own?

Because most other games haven't had a handheld version and a home console version for as long as Animal Crossing has, and because their really wasn't much distinction between the AC games (all were overhead, with similar size world, objective, art style, feature, and graphics). Handheld Zelda and home console Zelda have always felt very different. Handheld pokemon and home console has always felt very different. AC tapped will unify their two markets into one and it will be Tom Nook domination.

Definitely a 10m+ seller and top 5 Nintendo franchise but as much as i love AC i don't think it will hit top 3. Possibly has a shot at #4 if everything goes right for it but there are a lot of variables. There may be 2, 3 or even 4 main pokemon in the Switch's lifetime. We have to see how 2d Mario goes, if there's another mainline MK and i think it will be a battle royale between AC and Odyssey too! Also....... Smash!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I STILL BELIEVE! ONLY A FEW MORE YEARS UNTIL I'VE PROVED IT!