By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Forget ALL YOUR Predictions, Animal Crossing gonna SLAY!

Do I look like I care?

Uh.. chill bro... 9 19.15%

Dulfite trippin on duh good stuff man... 2 4.26%

Dulfite, don't smoke wha... 3 6.38%

对于&... 3 6.38%

Yea, I agree... 12 25.53%

It's predictions like th... 4 8.51%

This poll options are so ... 14 29.79%

Total:47

You were right about AC being the 2nd best Switch game, but the 1st will actually be MK 8

Meanwhile Sword and Shield is in danger of not being not even top 5 of Switch, behind Super Smash Bros , Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing NH, BOTW and maybe the next Mario 2D

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:
You were right about AC being the 2nd best Switch game, but the 1st will actually be MK 8

Meanwhile Sword and Shield is in danger of not being not even top 5 of Switch, behind Super Smash Bros , Mario Kart 8, Animal Crossing NH, BOTW and maybe the next Mario 2D

Agreed! But I figured Sw/Sh would be a bigger leap forward than it was in terms of engine and innovation. But yeah it will be a battle between MK8 and ACNH.

I mean the AC prediction aged well but the Pokémon one didn't lol. I don't even forsee Sword/Sheild being top 5 on Switch when its all said and done.

It confuses me that at the start of every gen people predict Pokemon to be the biggest game even though it hasn't dominated like that since the GBA days, while Mario Kart has dominated since then and more franchises have closed the gap with it too.

Last edited by newwil7l - on 08 May 2020

Dulfite said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Agreed! But I figured Sw/Sh would be a bigger leap forward than it was in terms of engine and innovation. But yeah it will be a battle between MK8 and ACNH.

Yeah, Game Freak is holding Pokemon potential back. If it was made by Nintendo itself I could see Pokemon reaching again the sales they got in the time of RGB era

IcaroRibeiro said:
Dulfite said:

Yeah, Game Freak is holding Pokemon potential back. If it was made by Nintendo itself I could see Pokemon reaching again the sales they got in the time of RGB era

Nintendo is probably happy with how Pokemon is performing, especially as the multimedia aspects of the franchise are still thriving. Plus, they would likely stick with the Pokemon formula, considering how its still really successful. It'll just have to depend on what type of development cycle they will stick to, considering they would have to plan the anime, merch, TCG, and other projects alongside the release of the games, which has been the case since its inception.

Around the Network

First time I've seen this thread. That OP is totally hilarious and somehow totally right too. I'm not even sure how serious the OP was originally meant to be, but it's awesome!

The_Liquid_Laser said:
First time I've seen this thread. That OP is totally hilarious and somehow totally right too. I'm not even sure how serious the OP was originally meant to be, but it's awesome!

:)

Reading through some of the naysayer posts in this thread is hilarious now. People thinking 15 million would be basically impossible and it's probably already reached that by now, and it came out less than two months ago lol.

How did this age so well!!!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
How did this age so well!!!

Like a fine wine!