By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

flashfire926 said:
Jranation said:
This will be interesting!
Who won the last couple Novembers?

Last year PlayStation won, with 1.1 million to Xbox' s 1.0 million, if I recall correctly. This was the the Pro launch month.

Oh thank you. And that was really close!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Insidb said:
People still care about CoD?

Yeah can't wait til Friday. 

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:
I think Switch will come in third place this month based on Price. I can't see a $300 beating the PS4 and XB1 when they are $199 or less.

Jason, man, we've had this discussion before. It's the 2nd (THE 2nd) of Nov. LOL

At least give it a couple of weeks. 

Yeah that post was very reactionary to the Black Friday deals but I don't think the Switch could will outsell the PS4 or XB1 if Nintendo doesn't have an aggressive bundle or pricecut.

hudsoniscool said:
Costcos ps4 bundles way better than Xbox. And kohls is still better for PlayStation. 190$ Xbox with 45$ credit, or 200 PS4 with 60$ credit.

Not to mention the PS4s in these deals have 1TB as opposed to the XB1's 500GB.

Switch>>>>Xbox One>>PS4

is my guess for this month

jason1637 said:
p0isonparadise said:

You think Switch will have no Black Friday deals?

I think they might have some buy one get one free or bundle a free game with the Switch but besides that I doubt there will be any big deals like the PS4 and XB1 deals. I remember it took a while for the 3DS to get a price cut. The Wii U only got a price cut early on because of poor sales.

3DS got a price cut 5 months after its release, not sure if that was a "while" xD. To be fair, the 3DS had a slow start to cause the price drop, so this only solidifies your point.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

Yeah that post was very reactionary to the Black Friday deals but I don't think the Switch could will outsell the PS4 or XB1 if Nintendo doesn't have an aggressive bundle or pricecut.

It's too early. This is where I am in terms of how I think this month will go:

Switch momentum strong, strengthened more by Mario and the 'fashionable' market.

PS4 momentum good, strengthened by deals, but will it push it higher than the 'fashionable' console or will it just increase its momentum but not above the 'fashionable' console?

XB1 momentum bad, helped by the potential sales of the XB1X, but after the initial spike of XB1X sales, will it sustain its momentum above the PS4, although I think it's unlikely (only unlikely) to sustain it against the 'fashionable' console (Switch)

At the moment, the Switch looks to be the console more likely to take this month, but that's at the moment. When we get a clearer idea of how XBX1 and deals affect the charts, THEN we can take a punt at who we think will win this month.

HOWEVER, even IF either the Switch or the PS4 win this month (sell more consoles in Nov), we can't forget that we've got to add in preorders for the XB1X, which could easily give it the sales win for the month, if you follow me.

PS4: Nov sales + extra sales to make up for XB1X preorders
Switch: Nov sales + extra sales to make up for the XB1X preorders
XB1: Nov sales + an undisclosed number of preorders.

No way I'm calling it yet!

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 01 November 2017

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
jason1637 said:

It's too early. This is where I am in terms of how I think this month will go:

Switch momentum strong, strengthened more by Mario and the 'fashionable' market.

PS4 momentum good, strengthened by deals, but will it push it higher than the 'fashionable' console or will it just increase its momentum but not above the 'fashionable' console?

XB1 momentum bad, helped by the potential sales of the XB1X, but after the initial spike of XB1X sales, will it sustain its momentum above the PS4, although I think it's unlikely (only unlikely) to sustain it against the 'fashionable' console (Switch)

At the moment, the Switch looks to be the console more likely to take this month, but that's at the moment. When we get a clearer idea of how XBX1 and deals affect the charts, THEN we can take a punt at who we think will win this month.

HOWEVER, even IF either the Switch or the PS4 win this month, we can't forget that we've got to add in preorders for the XB1X, which could easily give it the sales win for the month, if you follow me.

So... what is the "fashionable" market?

StarDoor said:

The Switch. it's killing it. 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
StarDoor said:

The Switch. it's killing it. 

I mean the customers. Who are these fashionable people, and why are they suddenly distinct from people who normally buy consoles?

StarDoor said:

I mean the customers. Who are these fashionable people, and why are they suddenly distinct from people who normally buy consoles?

Why are you taking issue with a word? The Switch is the console everyone is talking about and more people are buying. 'fashionable' is simply a way of expressing that. The PS4 was the 'fashionable' console when it launched. 

The PS5 Exists.