By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. November bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

WebMasterFlex said:
flashfire926 said:

If X1 wins the NPD

No seriously Black Friday will make PS4 go second and Switch will win this end of the year.

If youre so confident in that, lets make a bet. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
Some Black Friday deals from Kohl's and Costco:

1 TB PS4 Slim for 189$....... those gonna move some units.

Some other factors to consider. I think across nov and Dec, if Nintendo could put 3m on shelves, they would probably sell all and win both month's. However I have my doubts they can manage this, and I'm thinking sales will be 700-800k max. Not enough to win.

The pro accounts for roughly 20% of ps4 sales, but I think in order for Xbox to be a contender, I'm thinking the X needs to be close to 50% from here on out. I'm not sure it can really sustain that.

So my thinking is a close Xbox>Ps4>Switch November. Ps4>Switch/Xbox December. If Nintendo manages a first for them in keeping up with stock, then no doubt they would be top instead.

11 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#11 XB1X (same)
#12 NS Neon (same)
#23 PS4 COD (up 3)
#25 SNES Classic (down 1)
#32 NS Grey (down 1)
#55 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 8)
#61 N3DSXL SNES (same)
#65 PS4 Pro (up 4)
#78 N2DSXL Pokeball (up 2)
#83 XB1 (down 6)
#87 N2DSXL (up 2)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#09 NS Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Explorer's Edition (same)
#13 3DS Pokemon Ultra Sun (same)
#14 3DS Pokemon Ultra Moon (up 2)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 2 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 1 in the top 20 / 1 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Jaxyfoo said:
Some other factors to consider. I think across nov and Dec, if Nintendo could put 3m on shelves, they would probably sell all and win both month's. However I have my doubts they can manage this, and I'm thinking sales will be 700-800k max. Not enough to win.

The pro accounts for roughly 20% of ps4 sales, but I think in order for Xbox to be a contender, I'm thinking the X needs to be close to 50% from here on out. I'm not sure it can really sustain that.

So my thinking is a close Xbox>Ps4>Switch November. Ps4>Switch/Xbox December. If Nintendo manages a first for them in keeping up with stock, then no doubt they would be top instead.

Kimishima mentioned some new partnerships regarding the production parts of the switch,and said that now they are more capable of mass-production.So my bet is on 2,5 switch sold untill the end of 2017.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
p0isonparadise said:

You think Switch will have no Black Friday deals?

It's sells out almost as soon as it's stocked, so I'm doubtful we'll see much in the way of Switch deals this year. Maybe an older game bundled free, but the price will stay at $300 I think. 

This worked for Sony, when everyone was screaming for a pricecut, just to beat MS.

There's a reason that Sony and Nintendo are killing it right now, and it's not because of knee jerk reactions.

tag

JRPGfan said:
Aura7541 said:
Some Black Friday deals from Kohl's and Costco:

1 TB PS4 Slim for 189$....... those gonna move some units.

199$.

Jaxyfoo said:

700-800k MAX is absolutely way too low.

I mean October is probabily gonna be like 400k, you think They will only double those numbers???

We usually see x3 to x5 increase in November. Switch will easy sell over 1 million in both months.

Breath of the Wild Exploerer's edition shot up. I wonder if both versions can remain high on the chart.

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX