By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Physical version of LA Noire on Switch require a 14GB download

Zach808 said:
NintendoPie said:
If there was ever a chance of this game performing decently on the Switch, it's now tossed out the window.

Will this really hurt it that much, though?  NBA 2K was even worse in this regard, and people kept that game high on the eShop for weeks.  I get the feeling that a lot of people already have microSD cards in their system.

On second thought, this does seem fairly common practice, even on competing consoles. Still, I don't imagine people bothering with this for LA Noire specifically, which will only hurt it.

Around the Network

Was contemplating buying this but now it's a no for sure.

Either charge me more or make me download, not both. I was planning to get this, but now won't out of principle. I have a 64 GB SD in my Switch and have plenty of space, but I am not spending 10 extra dollars AND using up 14 GB of my SD Card/Switch internal storage. That is stupid.

flashfire926 said:
I personally love rockstar, but this is quite ridiculous to be honest. To be fair, I would also put 20% blame on Nintendo for releasing a 32gb system in 2017.

How would a bigger internal storage fix this in the first place? Not that it would make the device more expensive, but you will come to this issue sooner or later if publishers decide to save money on cartridge space.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

some of this this falls on Nintendo I'm afraid for giving us a paltry 32gb internal. 64gb would have been acceptable, its my only gripe with the excellent Switch.

Around the Network
zippy said:
some of this this falls on Nintendo I'm afraid for giving us a paltry 32gb internal. 64gb would have been acceptable, its my only gripe with the excellent Switch.

Why do people keep repeating this fallacy.
Internal storage has nothing to do with companies not putting a finished game on the cartridge.

I'm still gonna pick this up like I planned to, since a 14GB download won't stop me from being able to play on Switch; and my principles don't stretch so far that I'd avoid a game based on one shady business practice, and some inconvenience with having to manage an extra download.

This isn't gonna help my argument much, but I already own the complete/whatever-it's-called edition on PS3, which I haven't got around to playing yet.
The reason I'm now gonna pick it up and play it first on Switch, is because I want the extra portability, and to give Rockstar a reason to make more games available for that purpose in the future.
(I could also get the game on PC, PS4, Xbone, 360 even)

Gamers who only play on Nintendo systems can't just complain about lack of third party support, then when a completely playable version of an unexpected game releases, choose to avoid it on principle because one d*** decision by Rockstar.
They have no reason to make any ports for Switch; I'm not sure you noticed, but Rockstar are pretty successful without the Nintendo crowd.

If you want future big third party games on your system, then you just have to put up with s*** like this for a while, until you prove there's a worthwhile market on Switch for these games, and you actually have the leverage to demand proper quality.

(Doesn't mean you buy broken or outright incomplete games at launch, you obviously shouldn't go that far. Nor should you buy games you don't actually want to play.)

zippy said:

True, but developers should try and adapt if they want to release their games on it. 

I won't buy any game on Switch that does this sort of thing. I own all three systems. If I want it, I'll buy it there where the HDD space is plentiful enough to handle it.

I'll pass.

I do have a 128 GB SD cardo allready, just don't want to support shitty practices like this. I can overlook Doom since it's just the multiplayer (that does not interest me), but no big download for the rest of the game. But a big download when there are carts big enough available is just shitting on costumers. So I'll vote with my wallet (kind of a shame since I've not played this game).

Guess the 3rd parties want the Switch to be a Nintendo and independent machine only. But not a problem for me, since there are a lot of indies allready (and more in the pipeline) that seem interesting and I can always count on Nintendo to deliver good games.

Time to go digital.

No one in the industry is fighting for physical anymore. Nintendo has to let this happen, they can not afford to loose 3rd party support. Microsoft and Sony have no problem blowing past Blu-rays limits, and PC is basically all digital.

The publishers are going to continue to push until the physical version is nothing more than a download key. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo grab the retail cut on sales from thier digital store front, so they have huge insentive to move people to digital.

Honestly at the end of the day they are trying to do people a favor by massively increasing the value, versatility, and reliability of their game library, while also adding a bit more to their bottom line in the process. I went all digital nearly a decade ago, and had the oppertunity to play my games across PSP, PS Vita, PS3, and PS4 in some cases. I know some people will never be sold, but it is inevitable.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL