By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Odyssey surpass 20 million lifetime?

How much will Super Mario Odyssey sell?

less than 10 million, BAD LEGS!!!!!! 6 3.53%

10-12 million 24 14.12%

12-14 million 27 15.88%

15 million 43 25.29%

16-17 million 16 9.41%

18-19 million 8 4.71%

20 million 15 8.82%

FUCK IT, 25 MILLION AND OVER 31 18.24%

Total:170
Dr.Vita said:
I am expecting 7-9M for Super Mario Odyssey. 10M+ would really surprise me.

The game just sold 2m in 3 days, in what dimension are you living to believe is only gonna make 7-9m?

Around the Network
Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

Bro..  Sometimes i wonder about you.

9m is a more sensible prediction then 20m at least.

No is not, 20m is very very hard but at least is a possibility, 7-9m is basically impossible unless the world ends soon.

Why not? When it comes to the Switch go big or go home, this is a console for breaking some records.

Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

This game has a better chance of hitting 25mil then staying around 9mil at this point so i disagree. 

Barkley said:
tbone51 said:

I'll remember that.

remember, by the end of this year, i'm gonna have a nice signature with your posts, including this one.

tbone51 said:
Barkley said:

This game has a better chance of hitting 25mil then staying around 9mil at this point so i disagree. 

Also this, lol.

Around the Network

Crazy that it will probably eclipse 3d World's lifetime sales in a matter of mere days.

In Japan alone?

I would love it if it did. That could mean more Marios like Odyssey and less Marios like 3D World.

3D World was a great game, but the weakest console 3D Mario imo.

I honestly dont know.All major Nintendo franchises on Switch seem to be breaking every kind of sales record, and just has a giant hype behind them.I dont know if it will reach 20 millions, but it sure as hell has a shot at reaching it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

It is possible. Very possible. Super Mario 64 DS sold 11 million on legs alone and that games was a port. This is a full fledged new game. 20 million is more inreach than I originally thought. I went with 15 million originally as well but now I wonder if the game will do more. Mario Odyssey is one of those games that will sell years from now. Do not be surprised if this game is still in the top 50 in 2021.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.