By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima (Open world samurai game from Sucker Punch)

After seeing this trailer I got on Amazon to see the price of a used PS4... looks damn good.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Looks freaking GREAT, this just became my most anticipated title from their first party studios, this is exactly what i want, NEW IPs!

So glad it wasn't yet another InFamous.

I cant think of another open world samurai game of the top of my mind... Way of the Samurai is the only one that comes to mind and that one is kinda crappy not to mention not exactly open world, or at least not the type of open world we see in games like GTA or Horizon.

Well all the musous are kinda open world on each chapter kkkkk and most on feudal japan.

Volterra_90 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well with Switch and more multiplatforms going to Nintendo you may not need PS4 for that variety, but if you like Sony games it's a great platform.

I'm buying multiplatforms on the Switch because of portability, but I don't expect that every third party title comes to the Switch (I guess that some of them might not even be possible because of hardware limitations). But even if I really didn't enjoy the previous Sony gen, this gen was ace in exclusivities. Some of my favourite games this gen are Sony's first-party output, like Last Guardian and Uncharted 4.

Well, I appreciate performance and have little need for portability, but for those who like it this addition is like match in heaven right? I was talking more on having diversity on the platform. There will be enough 3rd parties, but sure wouldn't expect all. I'm happy that you are having a good time with Sony IPs. Put good usage to your Switch and PS4.

RedKingXIII said:
DonFerrari said:
Now we are still missing Media Molecule. I thought the game from Massive Concrete was Media Molecule change of direction

Isn't Media Molecule already developing Dreams? I think it's on development hell but yeah.

That is what we have been expecting. But since they haven't show anything for so long they may have ditched that and considering the game Massive Concrete showed have the feel of MM I thought that it was theirs.

Nautilus said:
I hope there are supernatural elements on it like Nioh.I do think that they can tell a good story without magic and so on, but it would be better in my opinion if it had a supernatural twist to it.

Please, I like supernatural, and I know that there mystic aspect on feudal japan, but I would rather have a samurai game.

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

I think this is going to be a completely different type of game. 

I was not referencing to types of the games, but that Nioh is my favorite game this gen, and it might not be anymore.

I have played very little and not excited about Nioh, pitch it to me.

shikamaru317 said:

Super hyped for this, I have wanted a AAA set in Feudal Japan for many, many years. Figured it would be Ubisoft who finally gave us one, when they finally ran out of other settings for AC and had to give us AC Japan. Here's hoping it sells well enough to convince Ubisoft that there is demand for Feudal Japan games in the west, some AC directors have stated in interviews before that they didn't think there was enough demand in the west for Feudal Japan settings. 

Well considering the japanophiles all around, the anime/manga addicts and that a lot of them are set on feudal japan, AC team must be really dumb to think there is no interest for it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Yay, new IP!

Although more inFAMOUS would have also been awesome.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Seems interesting.

If this can sell 500k+ in Japan it would greatly increase it's WW sales. You'd imagine they could sell another 500k+ in Asia too.

Hopefully it sells as infamous second son. Brave New AAA titles like this deserve to succeed. They could have taken the easy option with a new infamous but they didn't.

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
This look so fantastic that I couldn't believe when I was seeing, like a movie *-*

So there goes Sucker Punch theories of games they were working on...

Now we are still missing Media Molecule. I thought the game from Massive Concrete was Media Molecule change of direction

They're still working on Dreams as of a few weeks ago.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

This looks cool, wonder how it plays, did he turn rouge at the end? feels like this has a redemption premise, what if it's an open world tenchu/shinobido like? or Witcher-ish? Anyways, can't wait to see more.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Hiku said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Ah, I see. I wonder if there will be any mystic ellements? 

I don't know the significance of his armor burning in the trailer, and then we see him in a less samurai-looking outfit.

It's probably just metaphorical, but it could be an indication of some supernatural element.

Mmmm ... you've got me thinking now. We know it's stealth and combat so what if, just like in other SP games, we can choose a path? Like the good/evil choices we're used to.

The PS5 Exists. 

Normchacho said:
DonFerrari said:
This look so fantastic that I couldn't believe when I was seeing, like a movie *-*

So there goes Sucker Punch theories of games they were working on...

They're still working on Dreams as of a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Looks great, but far more like a ninja game than what I would consider a samurai game. Open world makes me leery, kinda burnt out on standard design (towns / strongholds to capture / burn, map towers, shit to collect, etc). Will keep an eye on Ghost to see how it shapes up.