By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima (Open world samurai game from Sucker Punch)

I'm happy that the world "stealth" was mentioned in the interview.

The Mongols invaded and slaughtered many of the inhabitants of Tsushima Island, which obviously includes the small amount of Japanese soldiers there. I'm guessing that the main character somehow survives that and turns to guerrilla warfare rather than commit suicide. That's an interesting path for a Samurai so there must be a reason behind it.

The Mongols were pretty amazing and more modern than the Japanese military. They even used small grenades to scare horses, which looks like something the main character does in the trailer. I hope they're very authentic with details like that.

Will this be the game that moves me to buy a PS4?

Around the Network
pokoko said:

The Mongols invaded and slaughtered many of the inhabitants of Tsushima Island, which obviously includes the small amount of Japanese soldiers there. I'm guessing that the main character somehow survives that and turns to guerrilla warfare rather than commit suicide. That's an interesting path for a Samurai so there must be a reason behind it.

The Mongols were pretty amazing and more modern than the Japanese military. They even used small grenades to scare horses, which looks like something the main character does in the trailer. I hope they're very authentic with details like that.

Well, the Mongols weren't able to conquer Japan, so I guess the game will end with the Japanese repelling the Mongolians?

One of the highlights for me. Open world Samurai game from Sucker Punch.
Open world is in SP's DNA.
Sly 2 and 3 have a mini open world, infamous open world.
For those doubting about the graphics. Infamous second son looks fantastic.

VGPolyglot said:
pokoko said:

Well, the Mongols weren't able to conquer Japan, so I guess the game will end with the Japanese repelling the Mongolians?

They were unable to conquer mainland Japan, though I have no idea when the islands were liberated or if the Mongols there simply left when the invasion failed.  A Typhoon did most of the dirty work--I wonder if that's in the game.

pokoko said:

It would be cool to have a very precise and authentic story with a lot of details

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Looks freaking GREAT, this just became my most anticipated title from their first party studios, this is exactly what i want, NEW IPs!

So glad it wasn't yet another InFamous.

I cant think of another open world samurai game of the top of my mind... Way of the Samurai is the only one that comes to mind and that one is kinda crappy not to mention not exactly open world, or at least not the type of open world we see in games like GTA or Horizon.

DonFerrari said:
Volterra_90 said:

Though I'm more of a Nintendo fan, I'm glad I've purchased a PS4. It brings be some gaming experiences I couldn't have played otherwise on Nintendo systems. My mindset is: the more I can play, the better.

But, tbh, I don't see any appeal on MS systems.

Well with Switch and more multiplatforms going to Nintendo you may not need PS4 for that variety, but if you like Sony games it's a great platform.

I'm buying multiplatforms on the Switch because of portability, but I don't expect that every third party title comes to the Switch (I guess that some of them might not even be possible because of hardware limitations). But even if I really didn't enjoy the previous Sony gen, this gen was ace in exclusivities. Some of my favourite games this gen are Sony's first-party output, like Last Guardian and Uncharted 4.

! Can't f**k around today. Gotta pay attention! Looking forward to more on this one.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

DonFerrari said:
Now we are still missing Media Molecule. I thought the game from Massive Concrete was Media Molecule change of direction

Isn't Media Molecule already developing Dreams? I think it's on development hell but yeah.

Sucker Punch is amazing!  I love infamous and good lord, this game.