By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima (Open world samurai game from Sucker Punch)

I hope there are supernatural elements on it like Nioh.I do think that they can tell a good story without magic and so on, but it would be better in my opinion if it had a supernatural twist to it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
! Can't f**k around today. Gotta pay attention! Looking forward to more on this one.

I had all sorts of ideas about what their game would be and this never even crossed my mind.

The PS5 Exists. 

Looks really good, i shall keep an eye on it for sure!

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

this game looks really amazing, well done sucker punch

BraLoD said:
Nioh might lose its crown.
Come at me, Sucker Punch.

I think this is going to be a completely different type of game. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Microsofts - Loftis (on single player games):
"I don't think that it's dead per se,"
"I do think the economics of taking a single-player game and telling a very high fidelity multi-hour story get a little more complicated"

Sony - Shawn Layden (on single player games):
“My philosophy is to play to my strengths,”

“And if you look at the studios we have – Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Santa Monica Studio, Japan Studio – that’s what we do well. We do story. We create characters.”

“Those are the kind of things we do well. It’s what we’re known for. It really speaks to our entertainment DNA. We wish to entertain. We wish to make you happy. We wish to make you cry. That whole range of emotions we can pluck at to make you have a great experience. We’re big on character. We’re big on story.”

Sony still believes in makeing Single player experiances, proof is in the pudding.

It is one of the reasons PlayStation will continue to be my main platform.  

BraLoD said:

I was not referencing to types of the games, but that Nioh is my favorite game this gen, and it might not be anymore.

Ah, I see. I wonder if there will be any mystic ellements? 

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
COKTOE said:
! Can't f**k around today. Gotta pay attention! Looking forward to more on this one.

I had all sorts of ideas about what their game would be and this never even crossed my mind.

I wasn't putting much imagination into it. Was half execting another inFamous to be honest. And although I would have been just fine with that, inFamous has had a good run, and a new experience from this studio is an exciting prospect.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

About time Sucker Punch! Though it seems odd to me that a western studio had to take on the japanese setting. Still I have no doubts about Sucker Punch, this will be great!

I somehow were a little dissapointed at first when I saw the game and that its made by Sucker Punch. I hoped something different from them , but then I watched the trailer again and it just clicked with me. The game looks very interesting and beautiful.

They say it has been in development over 3 years(Immediately after infamous first light probably). So maybe we might see gameplay at PSX.