By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima (Open world samurai game from Sucker Punch)

Ka-pi96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

To me it sounds great because I love stealth games, I find nothing in gaming more satisfying than successfully taking out a whole group of enemies without getting seen. But I can understnd you finding it boring, the level of patience you need to play a stealth game just isn't something everybody has. 

Who knows, I could be wrong, maybe combat will be just as viable as stealth, we'll just have to wait for the gameplay demo. Hope we get that at PSX in December instead of having to wait for E3 2018 to see it. 

I can't stand stealth games. All that waiting...

I'd much rather just go in all guns blazing, or the melee alternative in this case, and kick some ass

And yeah, hopefully they'll release a gameplay demo soon. They have been working on it for like 3 years right? Must have a fair bit of progress after all that time.

yeah if this game gives you the option between stealth and action then great. but if its mainly stealth then i would lose a lot of hype for that

Around the Network

Might as well just make a movie instead of pretending that it will look like that in the actual game.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Samurai vs Mongol soldier !

Sounds intersting !

vivster said:
Might as well just make a movie instead of pretending that it will look like that in the actual game.

I think the gameplay will be quite similar, just without the extra shine cutscenes usually gain from the developer having more control over what's done and seen. It looks nice, but i'd personally say it's a slight step down from Horizon.

Hope stealth would not like AC/Mordor.

Around the Network

rewatched trailer.... hype rises!

also like the lore thingy about a samurai that throws away his honor, to do what needs doing by any means.
Turning him into some sort of avengeing ninja, trying to free japan by assasinating key targets.

I can't wait for story and dialogue in this game. Samurai certainly acted and talked strange so it's going to be interesting to control a character that doesn't show much emotions.

BraLoD said:

From what I got from the trailer, he was a samurai and got screwed up/lost his honor but still had his goals to accomplish that he couldn't that way, and he has now to resort to fighting from the shadows, I can't confirm it right now, but I'm pretty they even said something like that on the trailer.

I don't think Samurai/Ninja is going to be paths, but a story driver.

Yes, I'd say that's more likely. We need to take into consideration some of the core foundations of SP games though, and one is black/white, goo/evil with choice involved. Because the guy in the trailer says you have to know which villages to conquer and which villages to burn, I can't help thinking those SP core foundations are going to be involved somehow. 

The PS5 Exists. 

Certainly came out of left field, but this is actually pretty close to one of the games I dreamed up as a kid. Should scratch that itch left by Way of the Samurai (and hopefully even Tenchu) quite nicely.

GribbleGrunger said:
BraLoD said:

From what I got from the trailer, he was a samurai and got screwed up/lost his honor but still had his goals to accomplish that he couldn't that way, and he has now to resort to fighting from the shadows, I can't confirm it right now, but I'm pretty they even said something like that on the trailer.

I don't think Samurai/Ninja is going to be paths, but a story driver.

Yes, I'd say that's more likely. We need to take into consideration some of the core foundations of SP games though, and one is black/white, goo/evil with choice involved. Because the guy in the trailer says you have to know which villages to conquer and which villages to burn, I can't help thinking those SP core foundations are going to be involved somehow. 

That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the main character's actions, though.  Assuming the speaker was a Mongol, he is probably talking about their tactic of completely and totally wiping out some villages and cities while allowing others to remain relatively free as vassals.  It was their way of saying, "this is what might happen if you piss us off."  It gave them a steady source of supplies and soldiers, which they used to conquer more lands.  

I don't know if there is much historical data about it (in English) but I would guess that the game has the Mongols doing the same thing on Tsushima Island, with some villages burned to the ground and others spared.