By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima (Open world samurai game from Sucker Punch)

wonder if there will be any Infamous Easter eggs in this.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

I have played very little and not excited about Nioh, pitch it to me.

1. Write down the word "fucking amazing" on a piece of paper.
2. Lay it inside your pillow for 3 weeks while you sleep happily (you have to be happy the whole time, unless you must start to count it over again).
3. Get it out, fold the paper 7 times, tie it to a stone, throw it at a river so it also bounces 7 times (if it bounces more or less than that, repeat the whole process un until now, 1 to 3, until it get done properly).
4. Swin fast and get it back before the paper melts.
5. Dry it for 1 hour straight with a hair dryer, then let it hang for another week.

After you do all that, get rid of that piece of shit and go watch some gameplay so you can get an idea.

Errr I have the game and see it being played, look similar to Dark Souls/Demon Souls/Bloodborne boring "you'll day until you git good". With very little story and things to keep me entretained to justify the countless hour mastering a game I don't care about.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

This looks way cool , but they need to show gameplay to know if I need to skip it or not

Zekkyou said:
vivster said:
Might as well just make a movie instead of pretending that it will look like that in the actual game.

I think the gameplay will be quite similar, just without the extra shine cutscenes usually gain from the developer having more control over what's done and seen. It looks nice, but i'd personally say it's a slight step down from Horizon.

What gameplay? I haven't seen much in this all cutscene trailer. What's the trailer equivalent for "bullshots" again? Because I'm pretty sure nothing in the trailer will look as good and the "in engine footage" underlines exactly that. Though I do have faith in Sucker Punch. The work they did on Second Son was amazing considering the stable framerate.

Though, unless this game is basically perfect for me I will have to skip this due to the basically guaranteed 30fps framerate.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

What gameplay? I haven't seen much in this all cutscene trailer. What's the trailer equivalent for "bullshots" again? Because I'm pretty sure nothing in the trailer will look as good and the "in engine footage" underlines exactly that. 

The jumping stab at the end of the trailer looks like gameplay. I can believe that the final product will look like that. Gorgeous as the natural elements are, the presentation isn't unattainably perfect; closeups on the MC don't hold up quite as well and you can spot occasional artefacts (like the aliasing on the cavalry charge) suggesting the footage isn't being prerendered or running on some insane rig.

Looking at the aspect ratio of this trailer I wonder if the final game will run letterboxed at ~1920x800 like The Order...

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 01 November 2017

Around the Network

Yeah. I would like to add the "Engine Footage" is what the engine CAN do. Whether the PS4 (pro) can keep up is a whole different story.

vivster said:
Zekkyou said:

I think the gameplay will be quite similar, just without the extra shine cutscenes usually gain from the developer having more control over what's done and seen. It looks nice, but i'd personally say it's a slight step down from Horizon.

What gameplay? I haven't seen much in this all cutscene trailer. What's the trailer equivalent for "bullshots" again? Because I'm pretty sure nothing in the trailer will look as good and the "in engine footage" underlines exactly that. Though I do have faith in Sucker Punch. The work they did on Second Son was amazing considering the stable framerate.

Though, unless this game is basically perfect for me I will have to skip this due to the basically guaranteed 30fps framerate.

I think you might have misread my comment. I didn't say it was gameplay, I was just speculating as to how the gameplay might compare based on what appears to be real-time cutscenes (there's aliasing artifacts, pop-ins, etc, and quite frankly it doesn't look as good as those from some other titles). So given i think Horizon's in-game tech looks like a slight step up in many respects, by extension i don't see an approximation of this trailer in the actual gameplay as an unreasonable expectation.

As i note they won't look identical, cutscenes provide lots of opportunities to add extra shine (better facial animations, directed camera, etc), but i'd be surprised if the gameplay wasn't overall comparable. I'm expecting a gap similar to with Infamous:SS, just with the standards for both parts elevated moderately.

Maybe i'll be totally wrong and the actual game will look like shit compared to this, but for now i'm at least willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I certainly think it's possible, it's just a matter of if SP will deliver

The Japanese dubbed trailer. Here's hoping there are language options in the NA release!
https://youtu.be/QZ4_N_Cf-ro

arcaneguyver said:
The Japanese dubbed trailer. Here's hoping there are language options in the NA release!

Are you Japanese? If not, why would you want to play it in Japanese?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
arcaneguyver said:

Are you Japanese? If not, why would you want to play it in Japanese?

For a sense of authenticity i'm guessing.