By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Extra Bold: Super Mario Odyssey Will Ship+digital 20mil Lifetime! (17.4mil Currently)

Yes i said it.... I have to recover from SMO not getting a 99 on meta... So this will do!

That said itll hit 20mil lifetime but only and only if the next 3D mario (not 2d) doesnt come out before the year 2020!

What so you think? Will i be wrong yet again? (If yes then GTFO of my thread!!)

Estimates of 3D mario sold lifetime...

SM64 12.5mil

SMS 7mil

SMG 13mil

SMG2 7mil

SM64DS 11mil

SM3DL 11mil

SM3DW 6mil

Last edited by tbone51 - on 29 October 2017

Around the Network

I agree.

They just need to discontinue every Nintendo Switch sku but the Odyssey bundle for a couple years.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I will get the crow ready. I will make sure it is delicious by the year 2020. (My prediction.)

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

That would be so, so much higher than other 3D Mario games... Mario Odyssey is amazing, but I don't see it selling more than Mario Galaxy.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

madman

Honestly, I do believe this prediction.I think Oddyssey can sell to roughly 50% of the install base this year alone.So about 5 or 6 million units sold at least this year) and much like Zelda, this will be one of the biggest evergreen titles on the SwitchHopefully XC 2 is too!).With the shipment being possibly normalized next year, the game will tend to sell even better!

And most important of all, the Switch is, so far, selling to more core and hardcore gamers, the ones that dont mind buying multiple games per year, which is a wildly different scenario compared to the Wii.I think this will be deciding factor for games in numerous franchises to will end up breaking their sales records.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

That’s an extremely hefty prediction. It would have to outsell every other 3D Mario by at least 7 million units. Galaxy 2 was one of the most critically acclaimed 7th gen games, and it didn’t even come close to that. Time will tell.

On a side note, I distill dont see many Switch games having a high digital attach ratio. I think for this game, it’ll be 10% at best, so you’re talking at least 18 million shipped/ sold at retail, if I’m not wrong.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Tbone... I honestly don't think we can give you too much credit for the bold predictions you make that DO come true, for the simple fact that you make so many that some are bound to come true.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

EDIT: I did sell one Switch at work yesterday, bundled with Odyssey. So only 19 999 999 to go.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 29 October 2017

Oddessy?