By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Extra Bold: Super Mario Odyssey Will Ship+digital 20mil Lifetime! (17.4mil Currently)

tbone51 said:
Bumping only 2.59mil more to go

You'll need a new title here. Something like King of Bold. Or looks like very bold, is actually lowballed.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 19 May 2020

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
tbone51 said:
Bumping only 2.59mil more to go

You'll need a new title here. Something like King of Bold. Or looks like very bold, is actually lowballed.

I need a collection of BO1D threads

newwil7l said:

This also doesn't even take into account for the fact that Mario is rapidly expanding into other forms of media (clothes, toys, theme parks, movies, etc.) In a way not seen since the early 90s. Yeah I'd agree that the brand is the strongest it has ever been and might even be Nintendo's strongest currently even over Pokemon.

A bit strange why Nintendo pulled the plug on Mario as a multi media franchise because of one horrific movie. I actually enjoyed the cartoon in the early nineties, "Mario and Luigi are doin' what dey can, Yoshi and da Princess are giving dem a hand. Super Mario world it's a blast from de past"!

Glad to see they're branching out again and the franchise is so big that secondary characters like Yoshi and Toad are world famous and even spinoff characters like Waluigi and Daisy have a dedicated fanbase.

Last edited by Metroid33slayer - on 19 May 2020

tbone51 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I need a collection of BO1D threads

I'd say you got already a shelf full of those. Already dug out a couple of them for you last time.

Metroid33slayer said:

A bit strange why Nintendo pulled the plug on Mario as a multi media franchise because of one horrific movie. I actually enjoyed the cartoon in the early nineties, "Mario and Luigi are doin' what dey can, Yoshi and da Princess are giving dem a hand. Super Mario world it's a blast from de past"!

Glad to see they're branching out again and the franchise is so big that secondary characters like Yoshi and Toad are world famous and even spinoff characters like Waluigi and Daisy have a dedicated fanbase.

The cartoons didn't really convey the feel of the games tbh they were more their own things and to manage to get the feel of Mario in itself is a hard task due to the franchises diversity compare that with Pokemon which highlighted the appeal through and through to the point that the games themselves not only begin a new gen but signal the start of a new season on the media side they work in tandem which is what I think Nintendo prefers from the media side of things.

Outside of Pokemon all the media for other series feel more like they're riding off their series popularity instead of complimenting them even though some of them were quite decent.

Around the Network

BotW is now ahead of Odyssey. Good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile