By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Extra Bold: Super Mario Odyssey Will Ship+digital 20mil Lifetime! (17.4mil Currently)

vivster said:
Might be. Just found out that it's outsold on fucking Amazon. I mean how the fuck can a game be outsold? On Amazon?

Will have to try at some retailers in my lunch break but I don't really have any hope.

What did it outsell? Amazon itself?

Around the Network

20-25m if they start bundling it, which is a high possibility probably not in 2018 but 2019 or so.

Shikamo said:

its safe to say that will sell around 15-17m LT, but something in my head says to me that will sell something like 20m to 25m.

That's probably me in your head saying things like that xD

It could be possible depending on how many systems they do end up selling in the long haul.  I was thinking 12-15 million myself.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

Whoever said it won't outsell Mario Galaxy is insane, lol

Odyssey in 5 weeks: 4.32m
Galaxy in 5 weeks: 2.3m

Odyssey still hasn't gone through December sales yet according to VG. It's most likely already at 7 million right now and is an evergreen title that won't stop selling unless a sequel comes out or it gets overshadowed by any more Mario games. But I doubt that will happen.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

That said itll hit 20mil lifetime but only and only if the next 3D mario (not 2d) doesnt come out before the year 2020!

Would you count another 3D World as a 3D Mario?

tbone51 said:

Estimates of 3D mario sold lifetime...

SM64 12.5mil

SMS 7mil

SMG 13mil

SMG2 7mil

SM64DS 11mil

SM3DL 11mil

SM3DW 6mil

Why do you think this Mario game will do so much better than the rest?
Looking at that list I'm going to say no, I don't expect this to happen.

Because it's on a hybrid console this time. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

That said itll hit 20mil lifetime but only and only if the next 3D mario (not 2d) doesnt come out before the year 2020!

Would you count another 3D World as a 3D Mario?

tbone51 said:

Estimates of 3D mario sold lifetime...

SM64 12.5mil

SMS 7mil

SMG 13mil

SMG2 7mil

SM64DS 11mil

SM3DL 11mil

SM3DW 6mil

Why do you think this Mario game will do so much better than the rest?
Looking at that list I'm going to say no, I don't expect this to happen.

3DW is a 3d mario so yes.

Its pulling far ahead of the others like BotW is doing for LoZ franchise. I expect SMO will at least do 15mil lifetime. 20mil is doable.

Wait for shipments by end of 2017. Game will easily already be at or over 7mil WW. 

FYI SM3DL shipped 5.03mil in its first year (released in Nov close to SMO end of Oct) and as of right now i have these numbers for SMO (Sold not shipped)

US 3mil

Japan 1.4mil (exclude digital)

France 500k+

Spain 200k

UK 300k+

Germany 200k+

That so far is 5.6mil sold WW. Add the rest with shipment/missing regions/etc and youll get wayyyyyy over 6mil so far.

Sm3dl sold over 11mil so far and people will continue to but SMO more so than 3dl :O

EricFabian said:
11M LT and that's it

Hello me, at this point, you are wrong, stupid bitch

Click HERE and be happy 

tbone51 said:
Shikamo said:

its safe to say that will sell around 15-17m LT, but something in my head says to me that will sell something like 20m to 25m.

That's probably me in your head saying things like that xD

LOL, maybe xD

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

9.07mil. 10.93mil to go