By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why the N word is forbidden in everyday speech even bein everywhere?

Why is it ok for black people to say it around each other and have a laugh. The word should never be used at all

Around the Network
DaveTheMinion13 said:
Its not forbidden.........just hope you aren't white or Asian saying it cause it automatically makes you racist. If you're black and Hispanic apaprently you can say it all you want lol the word brings more hypocrisy than any other word. Its also has been one of the most diluted words today

You have to consider that insult only exists in context. People assume intention, based on cultural background, and that's not necessarily wrong. Few would blink if eminem used the N-word, far more if the mexican president would do so. Because it's fairly known that in the environment that eminem grew up in it is used more casually, without harmful intent. 

I don't think that it's necessarily hypocritical to be more lenient on disrespect to groups you belong to than insults of groups that you don't belong to, as long as that much is applied universially.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

You can say it. But if you want to use it liberally you're probably either a dumbass, racist, or wanna be edgy. If you're black and using it but don't want anyone else using it -stop using it. If you're racist, you're human waste, kill yourself. And if you wanna be edgy and use it... go ahead. But no one really respects edgelords, then again, if you're an edgelord you're probably doing it for "shock" value. Which means you're probably 12.

Find better words to insult people with. Expand your vocabulary. There's more than just the 10 or so cusswords that exist in english. Or, be creative and make a new one.

StarOcean said:
You can say it. But if you want to use it liberally you're probably either a dumbass, racist, or wanna be edgy. If you're black and using it but don't want anyone else using it -stop using it. If you're racist, you're human waste, kill yourself. And if you wanna be edgy and use it... go ahead. But no one really respects edgelords, then again, if you're an edgelord you're probably doing it for "shock" value. Which means you're probably 12.

Find better words to insult people with. Expand your vocabulary. There's more than just the 10 or so cusswords that exist in english. Or, be creative and make a new one.

It seems like you're going for shock value yourself, you've been telling people to kill themselves more than once on here, being the "edgelord" that you are criticizing. I am not a fan of racism myself, but telling people to commit suicide doesn't exactly make me very comfortable either.

It just doesn't make much sense for non-black people to use the word in the casual fashion. I mean who would it be for? Would you say it only to black people or to everyone? It's tacky.

Having a specific word reserved for one single group of people is racist anyway, no matter how it's used, so it would be racist to say it only to blacks and downright stupid to say it to anyone else. Like I said, tacky.

Around the Network

I can totally understand that a black person be offended by that word cause that word exists for very wrong reasons. But at the end of the day it's only a word and we should set ourselves free from the symbolic negativity of a word, any word for that matter.

For instance, I'm white and I don't have any issue with that so if someone calls me a honky It will not offend me so ideally speaking the N word should not offend black people in my opinion. But I must insist on the fact that it is up to them to not be offended. I cannot impose that on them. In fact as long as that word is negative, insulting and derogatory I will not use it because they have a right to be offended, especially in regard to US history and slavery.

Now the only thing that bothers me with that word is how it seems ok for some people to use it while it's bad or racist for others. If it's a racist word then it should be so for everybody and no one should use it but the fact some use it and nobody complains while others use it and it's the end of the world is not right.

Black rappers use the N word all the time in their songs. It's always N this and N that and everybody seems ok with it but if some white guy like Pewdiepie uses it then it's suddenly the end of the world and that difference is a form of segregation. When you tell someone they can do something or use a word cause they are a certain color but if they are another color they cannot, that is (ironically) racism.

invetedlotus123 said:

I mean, I think this is so contradictory, this word can put a person in jail but is everywhere, in movies, TV and mainly music, many songs this year that topped the charts featured the N word and it still such a taboo to use it. I just can`t understand that, how can something that is so common still be such a problem?

Edit:  The title says world, read it as word.

It's not forbidden, but depending on where you are at you might get clapped saying it. 

The N word is no different from any other bad word or slur: Depending on who you're talking to or how it's used, you're bound to offend someone. It's not complicated.

And yes, we use the word casually amongst ourselves in the black community, but that's our decision, our thing, we don't need to explain it to you and we don't care if you don't get it.

You know... I don't live in the U.S. so it always baffles me how overly sensitive people over there are to that frigging word.  I mean, people keep throwing around the word "Motherf$4er" and nobody bats an eye. But the minute the word "Nigga" comes around everybody want to lose their shit.  And I'm here asking myself: "wait, why do people care more about someone insulting their race than someone insulting their own mother? It just doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah, I know the word has a bad connotation because thats how the old racist masters used to call their slaves. But in my eyes the words motherf$4er, coc$&er, fa$4ot, heck even "loser" have a worst connotation than that.

chakkra said:

You know... I don't live in the U.S. so it always baffles me how overly sensitive people over there are to that frigging word.  I mean, people keep throwing around the word "Motherf$4er" and nobody bats an eye. But the minute the word "Nigga" comes around everybody want to lose their shit.  And I'm here asking myself: "wait, why do people care more about someone insulting their race than someone insulting their own mother? It just doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah, I know the word has a bad connotation because thats how the old racist masters used to call their slaves. But in my eyes the words motherf$4er, coc$&er, fa$4ot, heck even "loser" have a worst connotation than that.

A "motherfucker" isn't referring to a mother, it's referring to a person that fucks a mother.