Forums - General Discussion - Why the N word is forbidden in everyday speech even bein everywhere?

sundin13 said:
chakkra said:

You know... I don't live in the U.S. so it always baffles me how overly sensitive people over there are to that frigging word.  I mean, people keep throwing around the word "Motherf$4er" and nobody bats an eye. But the minute the word "Nigga" comes around everybody want to lose their shit.  And I'm here asking myself: "wait, why do people care more about someone insulting their race than someone insulting their own mother? It just doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah, I know the word has a bad connotation because thats how the old racist masters used to call their slaves. But in my eyes the words motherf$4er, coc$&er, fa$4ot, heck even "loser" have a worst connotation than that.

The word "nigger" (notably different than "nigga") is used to basically say to someone "how people used to think about black people was right". It is saying to them that they are less than human, they don't deserve to have rights, they are inferior just because of the color of their skin.

I think that is a lot worse than "person who sucks penises". 

That's an interesting and excellent way to put it. I was going to comment that the history behind the N word makes it different than most of those other words (though fa%^ot would be close) but how you put it works well. I have to agree that when people use the N-word disparagingly they are specifically harking back to one of the darkest times in our nation's history and acting like it was all ok. 

Around the Network

The only N word that matters is Nintendo

Juma009 said:
The only N word that matters is Nintendo

What? No...

OMG you just made me realize that there is an N word even more evil than the N word.

May God have mercy on our souls 

i said ninja all my life and never got arrested. not sure what you mean here really :O

chakkra said:

You know... I don't live in the U.S. so it always baffles me how overly sensitive people over there are to that frigging word.  I mean, people keep throwing around the word "Motherf$4er" and nobody bats an eye. But the minute the word "Nigga" comes around everybody want to lose their shit.  And I'm here asking myself: "wait, why do people care more about someone insulting their race than someone insulting their own mother? It just doesn't make sense to me.

And yeah, I know the word has a bad connotation because thats how the old racist masters used to call their slaves. But in my eyes the words motherf$4er, coc$&er, fa$4ot, heck even "loser" have a worst connotation than that.

I guess you aren't of african descent, right?!

Around the Network

I speak on behalf of every Black Person on this subject matter.

Because if you're not black and you say it especially near a Black person, we reserve the right to fuck you up. Just know that. My fist will meet your face. White people had 400 years to get it out their system, being the majority there isnt much the Minority really demands of you that is usually followed through on.

That's one of the few and if you can't comprehend that well like I said. A Fist awaits your face.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

what is really stupid is that people think simply saying something makes someone a racist

Paperboy_J said:
The N word is no different from any other bad word or slur: Depending on who you're talking to or how it's used, you're bound to offend someone. It's not complicated.

And yes, we use the word casually amongst ourselves in the black community, but that's our decision, our thing, we don't need to explain it to you and we don't care if you don't get it.

so... black people are highly offended by a word ( that is supposedly inherently racist ) that they themselves use casually and that makes sense?

i'm sorry but it can't work that way for someone that's being logical - you either aren't offended by the word or you are and therefore wouldn't use it

its like if its automatically assumed that a black person cannot use the word with malicious intent while a white person must always do so, which is dumb

i'd also like to mention the racism that goes the other way in stating that a particular race cannot do something while another one can

o_O.Q said:
what is really stupid is that people think simply saying something makes someone a racist

Not necessary...ignorant and unreflected though for sure.

ShadowSoldier said:
I speak on behalf of every Black Person on this subject matter.

Because if you're not black and you say it especially near a Black person, we reserve the right to fuck you up. Just know that. My fist will meet your face. White people had 400 years to get it out their system, being the majority there isnt much the Minority really demands of you that is usually followed through on.

That's one of the few and if you can't comprehend that well like I said. A Fist awaits your face.

Even if this person is Eminem?