By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why the N word is forbidden in everyday speech even bein everywhere?

I mean, I think this is so contradictory, this word can put a person in jail but is everywhere, in movies, TV and mainly music, many songs this year that topped the charts featured the N word and it still such a taboo to use it. I just can`t understand that, how can something that is so common still be such a problem?

Edit:  The title says world, read it as word.

Last edited by invetedlotus123 - on 28 October 2017

Around the Network

What do you mean by forbidden? You can say it if you really want to, but just don't expect people to be happy about it.

You trippin nigga

invetedlotus123 said:

this word can put a person in jail 

Who has ever been imprisoned this century just for using the n word?

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
invetedlotus123 said:

this word can put a person in jail 

Yeah, I have no idea what he's talking about. Calling someone a nigger doesn't get you arrested. Maybe people are just upset that they can't be racist without getting backlash for it these days, so they have to act like their rights are being taken away.

Ka-pi96 said:
Why are spell checks forbidden in whatever country you're in?

I`ve seen this after I posted, and I think it against the rules to edit the thread title unless a mod authorizes it. 

Because that's how people want it. Words only have whatever power people give them.

This word in particular has taken on a life of its own. It's become a battleground. Some people use the word as a weapon but I think now we have a situation where some people WANT other people to use it because that allows them to attack.

Behind all of that, it's become a part of pop culture, which ensures that it won't fade away anytime soon.

invetedlotus123 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Why are spell checks forbidden in whatever country you're in?

I`ve seen this after I posted, and I think it against the rules to edit the thread title unless a mod authorizes it. 

No, it's not, unless a mod has already edited the thread title.

VGPolyglot said:
TallSilhouette said:

Yeah, I have no idea what he's talking about. Calling someone a nigger doesn't get you arrested. Maybe people are just upset that they can't be racist without getting backlash for it these days, so they have to act like their rights are being taken away.

By the way the use of this word is avoided it seems that using it can be qualified as racial offense. I don`t have a problem with a word being so offensive it makes it users somehow criminally accountable, but this word is EVERYWHERE in mainstream media and still offensive.