By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm hyped for Nintendo's 2018.

Tagged games:

What do you want most next year?

Kirby Star Allies 9 2.09%

Yoshi 6 1.39%

Fire Emblem 52 12.06%

Retro's game already! 62 14.39%

Metroid Prime 4 118 27.38%

Pokémon 60 13.92%

Super Smash Bros. 29 6.73%

Animal Crossing 37 8.58%

Something else entirely 41 9.51%

see results 17 3.94%

Total:431

I'm reasonably excited about Yoshi and Kirby, they are generally good games that are nice filler in-between the big hitters. Not confident on Fire Emblem, and certainly don't think Pokemon will make next year. Not into Smash so I'm not fussed about that, but it would be a great game for the system to have in the holiday season.

I feel like there is a good chance 2018 will be the system's weakest year for software for my interests, but hopefully a surprise or two will make it a decent year, even more so if one of these surprises is a new IP

Around the Network

FE 2018 will be fantastic, unless they pull a Fates...

I admit, I am a little worried about 2018 to be honest; this year was a home run, but so far they haven't given me much to look forward to next year. Given a lot of games were announced this year just months from release, they are likely plenty of 2018 games we don't know about yet, I just hope some of them appeal to me, because Yoshi/Kirby/Fire Emblem/Pikmin don't.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Given a lot of games were announced this year just months from release, they are likely plenty of 2018 games we don't know about yet, I just hope some of them appeal to me, because Yoshi/Kirby/Fire Emblem/Pikmin don't.

Of course they don't, because they are niche games and Nintendo won't rely on niche games to sell their system. That's why I'm excited, because there's big new projects in the making that are coming relatively soon and of which we know nothing about.

I just wish they weren't so secretive; as of now I have nothing to look forward to passed Xenoblade 2.

Well we will at least be getting Octopath Traveler, DQ Builders, No More Heroes 3 and Fire Emblem. Metroid Prime 4 is a possibility for 2018. Like MZuzek pointed out anything's possible since Xenoblade 2 was announced and is launching this year. And Retro Studios is bound to have something up their sleeve for 2018 by now.

IMO a good console will have at least five good, non-Indie games a year on average. Switch is currently ahead of the curve with 14 this year, and they started late. So even if 2018 turns out to be a slow year, the system will survive.

I mean, imagine this conversation...

"So you getting a Switch?"

"No, it didn't get but four games this year."

"It has BotW and Odyssey. Fucking get it already!"

Around the Network

I'm cautiously excited for their line up next year. While it's possible they could have a lot of cool surprises kept secret to reveal at a later date, there's also a chance they may be weird experimental games, like federation force or whatever weird ideas they tested out with some of the newer 3DS games. There could be a lot more besides Yoshi, Kirby and Fire Emblem, or those 3 games are the big titles for next year. I think I'll keep my expectations in check for now.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Only games I'd say I'm looking forward to are Shin Megami Tensei and Metroid Prime 4, especially the latter, when we don't even have a time frame.

Nintendo is always unpredictable, so I don't know how to feel, even after an overall amazing first year for the Switch.

Smash would be a nice curve ball, but I'm not expecting it any time soon.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Kirby is GOTY so we are off to a great start already.

mZuzek said:
Cloudman said:
While it's possible they could have a lot of cool surprises kept secret to reveal at a later date, there's also a chance they may be weird experimental games, like federation force or whatever weird ideas they tested out with some of the newer 3DS games.

That's the thing. Even if they are experimental games, they're going to be an ambitious kind of experimental, unlike the low-budget late 3DS titles. They'll be like Splatoon, or Arms, or even Breath of the Wild - experimental ideas Nintendo decided to put their money on. So while they could turn out bad (I doubt it), they're definitely not going to end up forgettable or bland in any way.

Yeah, that is true. ARMS was one of those experimental games released this year, and one seemed to turn out well. And at least FE will release next year, or we'll have more info on that, and I'm excited for that title : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cerebralbore101 said:
Well we will at least be getting Octopath Traveler, DQ Builders, No More Heroes 3 and Fire Emblem. Metroid Prime 4 is a possibility for 2018. Like MZuzek pointed out anything's possible since Xenoblade 2 was announced and is launching this year. And Retro Studios is bound to have something up their sleeve for 2018 by now.

IMO a good console will have at least five good, non-Indie games a year on average. Switch is currently ahead of the curve with 14 this year, and they started late. So even if 2018 turns out to be a slow year, the system will survive.

I mean, imagine this conversation...

"So you getting a Switch?"

"No, it didn't get but four games this year."

"It has BotW and Odyssey. Fucking get it already!"

A switch with BotW is $360. The game alone brings in almost 200+ hours of content, meaning you're paying $1.80 an hour, which is insanely less than other things such as amusement parks, fancy restaurants, etc.

Don't see how a Switch isn't worth it in the eyes of anyone. The system simply has too much in such a short span of time