By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Super Mario Odyssey’s highest resolution is 1080p in TV mode

That isn't native 1080p

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Doesn't every AAA Nintendo game have 1080p? Not that it matters since it is a Mario game. Well I guess if you want to make this Mario game GOAT.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Doesn't every AAA Nintendo game have 1080p? Not that it matters since it is a Mario game. Well I guess if you want to make this Mario game GOAT.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are 240p on the main screen.
So no.

Odyssey runs at 60FPS, anything extra is icing.

caffeinade said:
killeryoshis said:

So no.

I should probably reframe my question. Doesn't every AAA Nintendo game have 1080p if it is on the Switch?

I would be very surprised if Pokemon could somehow pull a 1080p resolution on a 240p screen. 

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Ratchet and Clank/Odyssey best looking cartoon games ever - they can be in 720p and I wouldn't mind

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
caffeinade said:

So no.

I should probably reframe my question. Doesn't every AAA Nintendo game have 1080p if it is on the Switch?

I would be very surprised if Pokemon could somehow pull a 1080p resolution on a 240p screen. 

BotW was 900p on Switch.
Splatoon 2 had a dynamic res in games (always at 60FPS though), Splatoon 2 was at 1080p30 in the hub world.
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle was below 1080p (I am pretty sure, but was a Ubisoft game so whatever).

The Switch only has a 720p screen, so in portable mode it is impossible to display a full 1080p without, at least scaling to 720p.

Not surprised if true, Digital Foundry were already saying this is likely to happen in their analysis video of the demo build, expecting at least dynamic resolution up to 1080p by launch or shortly after

good,but i don't really care about the resolution.If it's 60 fps,then it's all fine by me.

Finale said:
good,but i don't really care about the resolution.If it's 60 fps,then it's all fine by me.

You're set then; it's 60fps.

In the end if it's 900p instead of 1080p... the drama!!!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"