By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Anti-gamergaters - a quick look at where some of them are now

can we leave gamer gate in the past please.. engaging in that kind of discourse is utterly embarrassing, from all sides.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:

Are the gamer gate justice crusaders still bravely battling those evil “females” from the “‘puters” of their parents’ basements?

It seems you partake in that media narrative, perhaps you should dig a little deeper than reading what journalists say about people who criticize them.

So... to this date, I don't know where I stand on Gamegate as I never figured out who was who XD And wasn't the whole thing about a chick who cheated on her bf with a journalist for a good score?

monocle_layton said:
Lawlight said:

Why does it feel to me like you're being defensive?

What started as an actually interesting topic about ethics in the video game industry turned into an absolute cesspool. Pure stupidity from both sides, and truth be told I have almost no knowledge of what happened after the shitfest unleashed

Here's where I disagree - from what I've seen there is no gamergate movement. Just a handfull of trolls. The anti-gamergaters just drummed up a boogieman for their virtual signaling and to get attention.

I still don't know what gamergate even is ...

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
monocle_layton said:

What started as an actually interesting topic about ethics in the video game industry turned into an absolute cesspool. Pure stupidity from both sides, and truth be told I have almost no knowledge of what happened after the shitfest unleashed

Here's where I disagree - from what I've seen there is no gamergate movement. Just a handfull of trolls. The anti-gamergaters just drummed up a boogieman for their virtual signaling and to get attention.

Unfoetunately I can't comment. I have little exposure to the topic overall.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I still don't know what gamergate even is ...

I was exposed to it by an interesting discussion about ethics in games. No idea what the hell actually went on though. It was a mess.

shikamaru317 said:

So she has cataloged sexual harassment or assault by 15 different male SJW's who claimed to stand with feminists during gamergate. So much for their supposed ideals.

Sometimes it's not about being principled. It's about destroying those with whom you disagree.

I still don't know what Gamergate is. I just avoided that whole thing. I just want to play games,not have drama.

its quite a common thing for people that seek to be moral authorities to turn out like this... the most prominent example being catholic priests

Just as I suspected, a bunch of hypocrites projecting. Like I said in a previous post, it's like the priests and congressmen shouting about how evil homosexuality is while many were either being unfaithful in their marriage or screwing young boys..

I call it poetic justice. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden