By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your Switch pet peeve?

The eShop is a mess as of right now. There are no categories. You can only see the most recent games, basically. There is zero discovery there.

Só no little shoe

Around the Network

The battery life and wifi, while servicable, are pretty meh. There's no left joycon with D-pad option available for those like me who'll never have to share joycons. The Switch cannot be remotely powered off for who knows what reason.

d21lewis said:
Medisti said:
Because there's no Internet browser, I can't authenticate with the free Wifi at university, so I can't play online there. Even though they "claim" the screen should pop up, that's only happened like twice since March. It usually just says it connected but doesn't work because I can't authenticate. If I could access the browser myself, it would work fine. :|

I was at a hotel for the past five days and I was hoping to test this out but it just connected. I didn't even get to enter a password. 😢

You mean that you didn't need a password for the wifi, or that you were having the same problem? It seems to only be certain public wifi because others I can connect fine.

My only two pet peeves with the system right now are: no power button on the controller and no headphone jack on the controller. I really like that the PS4 controllers have headphone jacks.

1doesnotsimply

Medisti said:
d21lewis said:

I was at a hotel for the past five days and I was hoping to test this out but it just connected. I didn't even get to enter a password. 😢

You mean that you didn't need a password for the wifi, or that you were having the same problem? It seems to only be certain public wifi because others I can connect fine.

Didn't need a password at all. The WiFi was just there for anyone to connect to 

Around the Network

It's a handheld. Everything else is excusable for me if the price was lowered by removing the battery/screen/dock.

WiiU gamepad is not compatible with it.

It still feels like an early access console. Its library is really ramping up beautifully, plenty of great games etc. but yet even 7 months in it still lacks basic features that you'd expect of any such device, such an internet browsing, video watching etc. The eshop is also really bad, and its badness is starting to be magnified now there is a good quantity of games on the thing and no good way of searching through them. No Virtual Console also expands the early access feel of the thing. I am hoping that the online update happening next year is going to include a total revamp fixing all these issues so that this feels like a piece of tech which is actually ready to be in the hands of consumers, rather than an open beta.

SuperNova said:

It's crashy. [...]

Edit: Also that news thing you mention in OP. XD I actually made my japanese eshop account today, saw the news and went 'Oh, no.' ;____;

Mine has only crashed once during sleep mode, it just wouldn't budge. But I've had problems with joycon connections twice, in which they would not couple to the console (had to de-tether them before they would connect). A few times the controlers loose conection for a few seconds even when docked.

And thank Nintendo for that mess.

caffeinade said:
No microphone on the console, I want to get back to blowing into my console to replace button presses.

You just love blowing your consoles

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I'd like to be able to play with one joycon off, one joycon on.

The eshop price hike is getting old too.