By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your Switch pet peeve?

The lack of a d-pad is my only gripe.

Around the Network
Flilix said:

The charger thing is at the bottom of the system now, which is less comfortable.

I also have a more specific Splatoon 2 pet peeve: for some reason, jumping is the B-button in Splatoon 2, while it's the X-button in both Splatoon 1 and Breath of the Wild. It's confusing and I keep opening the map.

Can you not change that?

I feel liek the only thing in Breath of the Wild one can change is the Jump button with the run button. I feel like I made that change.

So you coudl change it in Breath of the Wild, if you can't in Splatoon 2. That way those 2 games will play similar for you. I doubt you are playing Splatoon 1 anymore, so that tendency should dissapear after awhile.

So many, but I'll start with the lack of a Virtual Console.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

To many games to little time.

No headphone jack in the Pro Controller.

Around the Network

no virtual console, lack of headphone jack in pro controller, and where the hell is netflix,youtube,hulu, etc?

The lack of a proper D-pad is going to force me to buy a Hori controller one day.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Baddman said:
no virtual console, lack of headphone jack in pro controller, and where the hell is netflix,youtube,hulu, etc?

Your post sums up my complaints as well. It still feels odd to have a portable device without any sort of video services, especially since the screen is better suited for watching them than any phone or tablet I own. 

Plus, one of my own personal pet peeves is still the relative lack of 3rd-party games. Certainly it seems to be getting better with the recent sports games and Wolfenstein and such, but there are still a boatload of games that could really use ports. South Park would be a great Switch game, for example. I'm not expecting every graphically intense shooter to release for it, but games like South Park would be great on the go. This is likely to improve over the next year, however, so it's not a big problem, just one I hope gets a little better soon. 

I wish the eShop was more fleshed out. It's hard to search through games, and there is no user score or anything to indicate how good the game might be.

My only real gripe is the lack of NAITIVE voice chat without an app. I don't hate the app, just the fact that chat is tied to it.

There are other things that still needs to be added, but this is the only real design flaw I see that bugs me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261