By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will sales for the PS4 pass the 3DS?

The PS4 sales will pass the 3DS sales in

November 2017 17 15.89%

December 2017 49 45.79%

1st Quarter 2018 21 19.63%

2nd Quarter 2018 7 6.54%

3rd Quarter 2018 1 0.93%

4th Quarter 2018 3 2.80%

2019 1 0.93%

They won't 8 7.48%

Total:107

According to VG Chartz the 3DS has currently sold 66 million units.

The PS4 has sold 62.57 million units, and in a much shorter time.

With the black friday / xmas period coming and Sony having a fairly strong lineup on offer my question is this. How long will it take for the PS4 sales to pass the 3DS? 

Around the Network

VGChartz has PS4 at 9 million this year. Sony was aiming at 17 million (I think?), so it would be at 70.5 million by the end of the year.

I don't think that the 3DS will sell another 5 million this year, so PS4 will probably pass the 3DS in December.

December sounds about right. What are the big holiday sellers for PS4? Somehow nothing comes to mind.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
December sounds about right. What are the big holiday sellers for PS4? Somehow nothing comes to mind.

GT Sport

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

vivster said:

GTSport and all the usual AAA affair.

Around the Network
Tmfwang said:
vivster said:

GT Sport

GT should be a pretty strong hardware seller considering it's the first for the console.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Tmfwang said:

GT Sport

GT should be a pretty strong hardware seller considering it's the first for the console.

Must be the same logic Microsoft were using with Halo 5.

As with Halo, I'm not sure GT carries the same brand recognition it once did. Just have to hope the quality of the game can make up for that, assuming it is a quality enough game.

Switch is going to pretty much make up 90 - 95% of Nintendo's hardware sales from here on out, so I'm gonna say December, a week or two after Black Friday.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Early December 2017

Flilix said:
VGChartz has PS4 at 9 million this year. Sony was aiming at 17 million (I think?), so it would be at 70.5 million by the end of the year.

I don't think that the 3DS will sell another 5 million this year, so PS4 will probably pass the 3DS in December.

Never underestimate pokemon

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar