By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When will sales for the PS4 pass the 3DS?

The PS4 sales will pass the 3DS sales in

November 2017 17 15.89%

December 2017 49 45.79%

1st Quarter 2018 21 19.63%

2nd Quarter 2018 7 6.54%

3rd Quarter 2018 1 0.93%

4th Quarter 2018 3 2.80%

2019 1 0.93%

They won't 8 7.48%

Total:107
Barkley said:

Here's this thread, but 3 years ago (almost to the DAY spooky) The poll too... 42% voted never.

Unfortunately most of the people who said never have either left or been banned and aren't worth mentioning. 

Tbone51 - "Never ever!!!!!!"

Uran10 - "LOL never gonna happen. "

Slade6Alpha - "Never going to happen. "

TheGoldenBoy - "Not for a long time, if ever."

Look at me being kinda right

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
Shaunodon said:

You see, the developer of ELEX has a real strong vision...

But he has no pre-orders

Don't worry mate, this game definitely didn't skip leg day. While everyone else will be going for the sprint, ELEX will be running the marathon all the way this gen. Either that or it'll be a buggy mess on day1 and it's height of fame will be a cheap Angry Joe review.

PEEPer0nni said:
vivster said:

It won't be any different with ELEX.

really?

Yes.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Barkley said:

Here's this thread, but 3 years ago (almost to the DAY spooky) The poll too... 42% voted never.

NintendoPie was pretty on the spot with the date and numbers, not to boast but I was pretty close too.

December for sure.

Around the Network

I just wanted to conclude this post, where most people predicted a couple of months ago when PS4 sales would exceed the 3DS.

Well according to VG Chartz that has happened on the week ending 11/11/2017. The PS4 sold a massive 1.6 million units in a single week which is phenomenal in my book.

According to the poll only 13% thought it would happen in November, with many more thinking it would be December or even January - February next year.....

So the question is..... Is the PS4 a juggernaut or did the 3DS under perform in recent months?

tripenfall said:
I just wanted to conclude this post, where most people predicted a couple of months ago when PS4 sales would exceed the 3DS.

Well according to VG Chartz that has happened on the week ending 11/11/2017. The PS4 sold a massive 1.6 million units in a single week which is phenomenal in my book.

According to the poll only 13% thought it would happen in November, with many more thinking it would be December or even January - February next year.....

So the question is..... Is the PS4 a juggernaut or did the 3DS under perform in recent months?

It was the week of the 25th, not the 11th.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

tripenfall said:

PS4 is definitely a juggernaut, but as for the 3DS- the Switch would have eaten up a portion of its sales for sure.