By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 7 brings the future

Is FM7 pitstop the future?

Yes 41 41.41%

No 58 58.59%

Total:99

For crash physics, neither game should bother with it, the only time crash physics is needed in a driving game is for rally titles or Baja, 90+% of impacts on an actual track result in pace cars being sent out while they clean up the mess and clear the circuit, and the car(s) that had the impact being removed from the race entirely, so to argue over which crash physics are realistic when neither is anywhere near realistic, is laughable.

If you hit a tire wall at 100kph in either game, you can keep on racing, that isn't realistic, if you get side swiped in a corner, at worst, theres minor wing deformation, broken glass and some scratch textures, in reality that's a cracked or completely snapped control arm, suspension component, obsctruction of wheel by bent wing, destroyed rim, etc.

Around the Network
NATO said:

For crash physics, neither game should bother with it, the only time crash physics is needed in a driving game is for rally titles or Baja, 90+% of impacts on an actual track result in pace cars being sent out while they clean up the mess and clear the circuit, and the car(s) that had the impact being removed from the race entirely, so to argue over which crash physics are realistic when neither is anywhere near realistic, is laughable.

If you hit a tire wall at 100kph in either game, you can keep on racing, that isn't realistic, if you get side swiped in a corner, at worst, theres minor wing deformation, broken glass and some scratch textures, in reality that's a cracked or completely snapped control arm, suspension component, obsctruction of wheel by bent wing, destroyed rim, etc.

I know crash physics as hit restart.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

NATO said:

Idk, seems right at home in a thread about bare bones pit stop sequences.

Also, there can exist middle ground between one end of the spectrum and another. PD doesn't have to make super realistic crash physics in order to get rid of the bumper car physics.

NATO said:

Off topic, That's the trouble with racing games today, becoming more arcady. 

LudicrousSpeed said:
NATO said:

Also, there can exist middle ground between one end of the spectrum and another. PD doesn't have to make super realistic crash physics in order to get rid of the bumper car physics.

Well no, because the threads about a trailer clearly showing a fully featured pit sequence then having nothing of the sort, for it to be right at home either game would need to have shown dramatic crash sequences while showing an "in game footage" overlay, then ship with no crash simulation at all.

Crash simulation is a bumper cars joke in both games.

GTS: https://youtu.be/GVr-Qsrj-VQ?t=55
FM7: https://youtu.be/5PgqM28wdTQ?t=538

Then destruction derby 1 on the PS1 - https://youtu.be/cc9Td6Gm8is?t=42

For a long time Forza was way ahead in terms of crash physics, but both Forza and GT seem to have plateau'd at an awkward, inaccurate model that is both unrealistic and lacking in any real purpose.

I say that as someone that races competitively in the real world once a month, at Tsukuba, Fuji speedway and Suzuka. I still hope that some day they'll focus more effort into that area of the simulation but they never seem to, it's all resolution this, car count that, lighting this, photo mode that.

Meh.

Around the Network
NATO said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Well no, because the threads about a trailer clearly showing a fully featured pit sequence then having nothing of the sort, for it to be right at home either game would need to have shown dramatic crash sequences while showing an "in game footage" overlay, then ship with no crash simulation at all.

Crash simulation is a bumper cars joke in both games.

GTS: https://youtu.be/GVr-Qsrj-VQ?t=55
FM7: https://youtu.be/5PgqM28wdTQ?t=538

Then destruction derby 1 on the PS1 - https://youtu.be/cc9Td6Gm8is?t=42

For a long time Forza was way ahead in terms of crash physics, but both Forza and GT seem to have plateau'd at an awkward, inaccurate model that is both unrealistic and lacking in any real purpose.

I say that as someone that races competitively in the real world once a month, at Tsukuba, Fuji speedway and Suzuka.

Ouch! This will hurt the narrative many Forza fans have been pushing so far...

If anything, these videos show that Forza has fallen behind. 

Maybe you need XBox One X to view it on 4K 60Hz?

NATO said:
Azzanation said:
After all rendering 700+ cars in a pit stop would take some time. 

No it wouldn't, it would take setting variables for the pit crew animations and having the animation play  based on the variables the used car provides. It would literally take one coder a day to take an animation set and adjust the keying to fit any vehicle size/type/wheelbase/height, etc, so maybe/hopefully they add it in, in a future update / free DLC, I doubt they would dare make it a paid DLC as others are joking about.

The real issue here is that they actually bothered to put the pit crew in for the trailer, then slapped an "all in-game footage" tag on the video, but the final game shipped with not only much less dramatic pit stops, but nobody in the pit areas at all.

Seems obvious to me that FM7 has taken a huge hit in the graphics/polish department to accomodate 4k/60 on one of the target platforms, previous games focusing on existing platforms did look notably better and more polished, so the only real explanation is that the push for 4k/60 to use as a selling point for the new hardware was done at cost.

You make it sound so easy, if that was the case than Turn 10 would have done it. And considering that Turn 10 is amazing at listening to the gamers, i am confident they will include it in there next game. Do i care if there's a Pit Crew in FM8? No. Would it add to the presentation? Yes.

Also remember FM7 has Trucks and a bunch of other vehicles so its not as simple as your suggesting. It would have been good if they had animated a pit crew but honestly who really cares? Are you playing a racing game or love watching men working on cars? 

Like i mention before, i would rather have the content like Dymanic weather, Day/Night, Puddles, 700+ vehicles, over 30+ tracks and Career/Campaign mode over a... pit crew you wont even see in many races.

I also find it funny that what FM7 brings to the table in the car racing genre, we sink to these baby jabs at a game by trying to attack what is an unriviled Car Racing game in 2017 on Content and thats what FM7 is essentially focusing on one of the most important aspects when it comes to Car racers.. The Content.

Azzanation said:

You make it sound so easy, if that was the case than Turn 10 would have done it. And considering that Turn 10 is amazing at listening to the gamers, i am confident they will include it in there next game. Do i care if there's a Pit Crew in FM8? No. Would it add to the presentation? Yes.

Also remember FM7 has Trucks and a bunch of other vehicles so its not as simple as your suggesting. It would have been good if they had animated a pit crew but honestly who really cares? Are you playing a racing game or love watching men working on cars? 

Like i mention before, i would rather have the content like Dymanic weather, Day/Night, Puddles, 700+ vehicles, over 30+ tracks and Career/Campaign mode over a... pit crew you wont even see in many races.

I also find it funny that what FM7 brings to the table in the car racing genre, we sink to these baby jabs at a game by trying to attack what is an unriviled Car Racing game in 2017 on Content and thats what FM7 is essentially focusing on one of the most important aspects when it comes to Car racers.. The Content.

> Turn 10 releases "in game" video of dramatic, interesting pit stop
> Game releases and said content is nowhere to be seen

"The games about content man, CONTENT!"

Unfortunately, as illustrated in previous posts, the missing pit crew is just one of many cut backs FM7 has experienced, with a bunch of stuff being cut or paired back since FM6, virtually everything using alpha blending (grass, bushes, trees, rain effects etc) have been paired back and dumbed down, vehicles with complex geometry have been dumbed down outside of photo mode (even in comparison to FM6).

NATO said:
Azzanation said:

> Turn 10 releases "in game" video of dramatic, interesting pit stop
> Game releases and said content is nowhere to be seen

"The games about content man, CONTENT!"

Unfortunately, as illustrated in previous posts, the missing pit crew is just one of many cut backs FM7 has experienced, with a bunch of stuff being cut or paired back since FM6, virtually everything using alpha blending (grass, bushes, trees, rain effects etc) have been paired back and dumbed down, vehicles with complex geometry have been dumbed down outside of photo mode (even in comparison to FM6).

I never seen the adds showcasing these pit stops nor do i care. Mistake number one is believing marketing from companies. 

Do you know how games are made? FM7 is not a next gen racer. Its built on the same platform as FM5. Cuts will be made to achieve more. Always been that way.

Again 700 cars > Pit Crew. Thats my opinion. Now go back to playing your pit crews and ill go back to playing with my cars.