By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Forza Motorsport 7 brings the future

Is FM7 pitstop the future?

Yes 41 41.41%

No 58 58.59%

Total:99
SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

GT was never a sim and as for which game was better well thats debatable.   Also when GT5 release with more cars, most were just ported over from the previous version so they looked much worse then the new content.  I also believed its online was broken as well and it's campaign was sub par.  So yes, content alone doesn't make a game and the same is for Forza 7.  

Are you rewriting history now? GT5's online was never broken. I played it pretty much daily until the Geohot debacle took psn down for a month. The campaign was good as well, I actually played the whole campaign twice as my ps3 ylod losing all my GT5 progress. You could ofcourse trivialize most of it by overpowering you car, then hit a wall at some of the later races and challenges. GT5 had a very good weekly challenges to earn more credits, always something to do.

As for the cars, people got their wish now. Not even the 400+ premium cars from GT6 are there this time. I quite enjoyed the addition of the old cars, nothing wrong with them outside photo mode. I really wish these racing sims would stop putting time and effort in stupid photo modes, replays and other useless cosmetics. Is it a racing game or Adobe photoshop for cars.

I only remember my experience and I had a lot of issues getting online and when I did it was a skipping wreck.  Could be those issues got fixed but I did not bother after the first few weeks.  Either way, I enjoy both GT and Forza each have their strength and weakness.  It seems this thread has devolved into a pissing contest again for each game  which probably means I will head out.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

GT was never a sim and as for which game was better well thats debatable.   Also when GT5 release with more cars, most were just ported over from the previous version so they looked much worse then the new content.  I also believed its online was broken as well and it's campaign was sub par.  So yes, content alone doesn't make a game and the same is for Forza 7.  

Are you rewriting history now? GT5's online was never broken. I played it pretty much daily until the Geohot debacle took psn down for a month. The campaign was good as well, I actually played the whole campaign twice as my ps3 ylod losing all my GT5 progress. You could ofcourse trivialize most of it by overpowering you car, then hit a wall at some of the later races and challenges. GT5 had a very good weekly challenges to earn more credits, always something to do.

As for the cars, people got their wish now. Not even the 400+ premium cars from GT6 are there this time. I quite enjoyed the addition of the old cars, nothing wrong with them outside photo mode. I really wish these racing sims would stop putting time and effort in stupid photo modes, replays and other useless cosmetics. Is it a racing game or Adobe photoshop for cars.

Let's only hope for GT7 it is all the cars from GT6 plus GTS and the added contents.

Perhaps they will have to work on the simulation of the older models, but I don't mind they keeping the poly model.

As long as there is enough premium models having older content doesn't take anything out. Same with the tracks, if you can't upres or remap it, keep it available for arcade or single mode race (not part of the events), so whoever wants to drive the 600+ old cars and 50+ old tracks can, the people that complain about those can simply ignore and never use it.

Machiavellian said:
SvennoJ said:

I only remember my experience and I had a lot of issues getting online and when I did it was a skipping wreck.  Could be those issues got fixed but I did not bother after the first few weeks.  Either way, I enjoy both GT and Forza each have their strength and weakness.  It seems this thread has devolved into a pissing contest again for each game  which probably means I will head out.

Each have its own experience, could ge GT or even PSN at fault in your case, sorry to hear.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Machiavellian said:
SvennoJ said:

Is there any other kind of GT or Forza thread :p

I did have the skipping issue as well. It depended on the player location, racing with people from South America was the worst from my location. Plus it depended a lot of the host's internet capabilities whether all cars would be visible in a race. They did improve smoothing out the skipping issues in later patches, yet it was peer 2 peer, bad peer, bad result.

I liked the lobby system though. Playing regularly I knew a bunch of good hosts with good connections, not afraid to kick badly lagging players. It might not e nice to be on the receiving end of the kick, yet you can't have a decent match with 200ms ping, find a closer host. Anyway, much better than the random matchmaking experiences I had before. TDU and PGR on 360 had me disconnected 3 out of 4 times before the race started. I never played much of Forza online, can't really comment on the stability of that. GT sucked up enough of my time already and I cancelled gold as I didn't see any benefits back then of the paid subscription.

Azzanation said:
NATO said:

> Turn 10 releases "in game" video of dramatic, interesting pit stop
> Game releases and said content is nowhere to be seen

"The games about content man, CONTENT!"

Unfortunately, as illustrated in previous posts, the missing pit crew is just one of many cut backs FM7 has experienced, with a bunch of stuff being cut or paired back since FM6, virtually everything using alpha blending (grass, bushes, trees, rain effects etc) have been paired back and dumbed down, vehicles with complex geometry have been dumbed down outside of photo mode (even in comparison to FM6).

I never seen the adds showcasing these pit stops nor do i care. Mistake number one is believing marketing from companies. 

Do you know how games are made? FM7 is not a next gen racer. Its built on the same platform as FM5. Cuts will be made to achieve more. Always been that way.

Again 700 cars > Pit Crew. Thats my opinion. Now go back to playing your pit crews and ill go back to playing with my cars.

Werent you drinking the "True 4K" Kool Aid tho?

ThisGuyFooks said:
Azzanation said:

I never seen the adds showcasing these pit stops nor do i care. Mistake number one is believing marketing from companies. 

Do you know how games are made? FM7 is not a next gen racer. Its built on the same platform as FM5. Cuts will be made to achieve more. Always been that way.

Again 700 cars > Pit Crew. Thats my opinion. Now go back to playing your pit crews and ill go back to playing with my cars.

Werent you drinking the "True 4K" Kool Aid tho?

But in the case of MS that is true and X1X is capable of true native 4k60fps ultrahigh for all games.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Machiavellian said:

Is there any other kind of GT or Forza thread :p

I did have the skipping issue as well. It depended on the player location, racing with people from South America was the worst from my location. Plus it depended a lot of the host's internet capabilities whether all cars would be visible in a race. They did improve smoothing out the skipping issues in later patches, yet it was peer 2 peer, bad peer, bad result.

I liked the lobby system though. Playing regularly I knew a bunch of good hosts with good connections, not afraid to kick badly lagging players. It might not e nice to be on the receiving end of the kick, yet you can't have a decent match with 200ms ping, find a closer host. Anyway, much better than the random matchmaking experiences I had before. TDU and PGR on 360 had me disconnected 3 out of 4 times before the race started. I never played much of Forza online, can't really comment on the stability of that. GT sucked up enough of my time already and I cancelled gold as I didn't see any benefits back then of the paid subscription.

Where I live PSN has always been a hit or miss for me when it comes to downloads and online play.  I know everyone does not have the same experience so there probably a lot going on than just my ISP, Connection etc.  

DonFerrari said:
Snoopy said:

Agree and the fact GT doesn't even have a proper campaign speaks volumes and require an online connection for a good chunk of the game (which Sony fans were against). 

Yes I'm pretty sure you were interested in GT as you put in another thread.

Jigsawx1 said:

So much hate and trolling ........ so sad ........

Dontrabbi has to do some sport but i dont know why im think he is very fat at it... i mean bad.......

What does my physical condition have to do with anything? Are you looking for a husband?

Chris Hu said:

THe FIA license is pretty meaningless since it doesn't have any FIA tracks in the meantime Forza signed a partnership with IMSA and they already have IMSA tracks and cars that partnership just means they will get more in the near future.

A FIA license is meaningless? Probably the Nissan Academy was also a lie...

it has to do that you compensate something if your only job here is trolling.