By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Forces Switch ver. wll be 720p / 30fps on Docked and Undocked

ARamdomGamer said:
"while the graphics run at 30 frames per second, the controls run at 60. "

How does that work?

Poll controller every 16 ms, refresh image every 33 ms.

Around the Network

This spin lol

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Dang, I didn't think SF would be that demanding to be both 720p and 30FPS. I'd understand if it was a larger scale game, like FF15 or something.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Gotta go... slow?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

what the hell are "60 fps controls" suppose to mean?It's almost as nonsensical to say as "4k controls".

Around the Network

Sounds about right.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Bandorr said:
poroporo said:

Poll controller every 16 ms, refresh image every 33 ms.

But won't that mean you are inputing twice as many inputs as you can see?

I can't visualize having a games controls NOT be at the same speed as the frame rate.  Doesn't that mean you are having to guess at jumping.. before it is actually time to jump?

Has any game actually had their controls not match their frame rate?

Basically, it will have the input lag of a 60fps game while the actual graphics update at 30fps.

Quite a few games do it, actually.

curl-6 said:
Bandorr said:

But won't that mean you are inputing twice as many inputs as you can see?

I can't visualize having a games controls NOT be at the same speed as the frame rate.  Doesn't that mean you are having to guess at jumping.. before it is actually time to jump?

Has any game actually had their controls not match their frame rate?

Basically, it will have the input lag of a 60fps game while the actual graphics update at 30fps.

Quite a few games do it, actually.

So it exists? Well, is better than nothing, a pitty they didn't put more effort into it but again, its Sonic Team.... they do what they can xd

Guess Sega is charging $40 for a reason. Know they have no chance either way, but charging 60 against Odyssey would be pure destruction

curl-6 said:

So unless they've boosted stuff like shadows or draw distance when docked, it's a bad port that only uses 40% of the system's docked power.

Sadly we knew from the very first outset that was always going to be one of the biggest possible caveats when it came to the Switch.
There was never any guarentee that developers would use any of the docked capabilities.

Finale said:
what the hell are "60 fps controls" suppose to mean?It's almost as nonsensical to say as "4k controls".

Likely due to the polling rate of the controls themselves.
A higher polling rate does mean it uses more CPU power though.

Essentially claiming it is "60fps controls" is to dumb down the techno-babble to appeal to more technically illiterate people.
With that... 60fps controls would mean it has a polling rate of 16ms or roughly 60hz.

It's still not going to be a 60fps game though, that is still going to have an impact, no two ways about it.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--