By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Android or iPhone?

Android for me

Around the Network

Android, never been a fan of Apple.

iPhone because I'm no peasant.

Android, open environment, do whatever you want with your phone, more customization, more phone options!

iOS.

As an OS I can't claim that the capability is better in one or the other. But generally speaking apple does a better job of supporting devices longer compared to most android manufacturers. I don't see a point in switching phones every year. (each iPhone I've had, I've owned for 3 years, current phone will pass the 3 year mark in a month and this time I'm probably going to keep it another year).

At an subjective level apples ecosystem beats googles with a big margin. I prefer the closed environment with some QC than an open with almost no QC.

Also (since I don't use streaming services and have a big library of music accumulated over the years (a lot of the music I wan't simply isn't present in one single streaming service, this paired with that I rather only pay for the few new albums I get every year than paying for a subscription for music I mostly allready own)) apples music/ipod app is unbeatable.

Around the Network

I like both OS, both have their advantages and disadvantages

smartphone: Android + tablet: iPad

Depends on the Android. Many Androids suck, whereas iphones are only in 2-3 models per gen and have insane quality. The best of Android is, in my opinion, better bang per buck than iphones, but iphones beat most other androids. Personally, I have a Nexus 5x (the precursor phone to the Pixel) which I've enjoyed a lot (other than the power button getting stuck, but they replaced it for free). I'll probably jump to the Pixel 2 next summer when I can upgrade.

Also, what plays a big part of me liking the Nexus/Pixel lineup is that I can use Project Fi, which saves us a ton of money compared to AT&T/Verizon/the rest of the phone companies. Project Fi is insanely cheap compared to the others, and I typically have better coverage than others.

Android. I don't get why people would want a €200+ phone.

I had an iPhone and everything felt too restricted. I switched to android and enjoy it more, it feels more flexible.

Android. I can't stand the iPhone's lack of a "Back" button.

Signature goes here!