By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Android or iPhone?

Which side are you on. Explain why.

People in my Facebook feed that own iPhones think they're such hot shit. Are they? 

Around the Network

I don't care for phones without headphone jacks, so no iPhones. Android is a more open ecosystem, but Google is anything but trustworthy.

I have a OnePlus One and I'm quite happy with it, but smartphones suck too much attention for me to be really comfortable with it. I'm thinking of getting a normal feature phone and quitting the smartphone world.

I don't have a preference really anymore. Just which ever one seems the better value which is now more commonly Android phones. The Galaxy S8 would probably be currently the best phone in terms of both design/features/price right now in my opinion.

But iPhones have the best social status for my demographic.

Android. More customisation and more features. And headphone jack.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Both have their pros and cons. iPhones tend to last much longer, get a LOT more updates for many years compared to a measly 2 year support cycle from the company with the best track record for updates in the Android world (Google, since they use stock roms on their phones).

On the other hand, Android phones are more customizable and open. You can install launchers/kernels/themes/icon packs, which help make the phone "yours". There's also modding communities that do amazing work, like the one that got Androird 7.1.2 (a 2017 release) to work on the damn Galaxy S2 from 2011! On the other hand, my experience is that Android phones tend to get antiqued quite faster, especially considering most companies barely release updates for a year.

I'm currently a Nexus 6 owner who's had an iPhone 4S before. I still maintain that the best phone experience ever is a jailbroken iPhone, but since the jailbreaking scene is pretty much dead now, I think I'll stick with Android and get a Pixel 2 XL whenever it comes out here.

Around the Network

iPhone. Simple and it works while android run into a lot of issues.

Android.

I pick Linux every time, so as long as Android still uses the Linux kernel, then it has my vote.

I'm on neither side, first off smartphones are way, WAY too expensive, second, when I see how smart phones turn people into what I call social zombies, I'm like definitely no thanks and third, I don't know in your countries but in mine since last year the government made identification mandatory meaning you cannot have a phone of any kind without giving all your personal details when getting the phone. I had a basic phone until last year and I deactivated it when that law went into effect. The excuse being terrorism... In other words: Mass surveillance of people when they're on their phones.

Yeah good excuse dear gov, but here is the thing: I'm a regular boring guy not a terrorist so I reckon I don't need to ID myself to have a phone and since that is now impossible, I've been henceforward free of that contraption. And as a bonus I now save whatever money that phone or a smartphone would have cost me.

Android hands down....because....reasons....

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261