By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Android or iPhone?

Android because it allows more freedom for the user,

Around the Network

I like androids for more variety in customization, sd card slot, removable battery, and headphone jack, along with some other things.
But IPhone has a better base os, longer software update support, and better build quality than most other. However, I feel like IPhone peaked the 6s, and each new iPhone seems a bit underwhelming in notable improvements, and when they do make a big leap with the X, it's priced at $1000.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Honestly I'd choose Windows Phone over the other two, but since it's a dead OS now, Android has become the best option for me. I never liked the iOS interface, seeing as it always had this "boring" look to it that I can't stand.

I also like having tons of different phone models to choose from and not be tied to one brand, so Android is the easy choice for me, really.

Neither. None.

Android. I prefer the customization of it. Also like it was said already headphone jack. I have an ipad as well and I do not see anything it can do that will make me switch to Iphone.

However Itunes is very useful. So there that's one reason to get an Iphone.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Android. Same as others have said. Customisation and features.

Just give me a phone that sends texts, and makes phone calls. All that other crap can wait until I get home on my computer. I currently have a cheapo $30 Android and I hate the thing. It runs out of battery life in only three days. I keep getting idiotic notifications that can't be turned off in the settings. You can't make a phone call, and text in the same app, meaning you have to hang up or switch apps just to send a text. The screen is never bright enough to see outside unless I turn the brightness settings to max, but that drains the battery in about a day. Touch controls are horrible for texting when compared to a mini-keyboard. 

If companies still sold blackberries I'd dump my "smart" phone for it in an instant.

I use both extensively but if I have to choose. I will say Android.
IOS 11 though improving with each new release is still a long ways behind Android 8.0 in features or usability. iTunes sucks as well, you would think after over a decade of sucking heavilly they would finally fix it but no its still crap. Jailbroken IOS devices are much better than apples official versions and a lot closer to an android experience.

Android

Android isn't all that good, but since in practice it's the only alternative to Apple's walled garden, I'll take it. If it's up to me, I'll never touch Apple's walled garden products with an overprice logo. I'm sure Apple's products are good, but my problems with Apple are elsewhere.