By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 25th Sept. - 1st Oct 2017

RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:
So, does that mean that the stock issue is over worldwide?

No.

Anything to support this claim?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Jranation said:

Someone in Japan should confirm this. But I think its still selling every stock they have. Once the loterries dissappear  then it should be good. 

Are they still holding lotteries? It seems that Amazon JP has stock but I can't read Japanese so not sure.

Someone in Japan or follows Japan news should be able to confirm this. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Switch is sold out on Amazon Japan.

RolStoppable said:
Lawlight said:

Anything to support this claim?

Yes. Until last week demand was so high in Japan that an additional 30k units this week weren't going to solve the stock issues.

So, nothing tangible really?

RolStoppable said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Nintendo franchises in general are more split than your average one because they are about representing different themes from entry to entry. That being said, Fire Emblem is more character based so making a Musuo game out of it makes a lot more sense. To say that the older NES/SNES games have bland characters it to criticize most games at that time. How about every game from the GBA onward?

Zelda has iconic characters, but they are few and far between, and not as meaningful. I think Link, Zelda, and Ganandorf are about as iconic as it gets. Maayyybbee Midna and Tingle?Of course, any Zelda game will be more iconic than a Fire Emblem one . But Musuo games are fan service, and asking which game is more suited for it is kind of like asking would you rather play a game fighting along side characters with actual arcs, depth(well...), and personalities... or a few iconic designs that are nothing more than cardboard archetypes for a series that was never about plot to begin with. Of course, FE has bad characters and LOZ has some great ones, but the two series have a huge disparity in character importance. 

It's just an opinion..Rol...

I think you know what I meant, lol. 

By "older games" I was refering to everything that released before Awakening.

As for it being "just an opinion", this is still a sales thread and the point of contention, even if it was unclear, is whether Fire Emblem Warriors should be expected to sell better than Hyrule Warriors. The answer to that question provides the basis to judge how well or bad FEW performed in its first week.

And no, I don't know what you meant. Google suggests 'poignant', but I don't see how that makes sense in context. Maybe 'on point' or 'potent'? Proofread your posts!

Ok...well I thought we were talking about which game series fits better in a Musuo game? Like.. that seemed very obvious? No matter. I think the sales aren't too bad. Zelda Musuo didn't do much better. Of course, this is on Switch and should have done better. I've said this for a while now but I don't think it will do great in the West either. It launches 7 days before Mario.

That being said, I see it doing better than Hyrule Warriors lifetime.

Sorry about that! I meant on point.

Around the Network

Triple post

Lawlight said:
RolStoppable said:

Yes. Until last week demand was so high in Japan that an additional 30k units this week weren't going to solve the stock issues.

So, nothing tangible really?

...Do you lack common sense? Have you seen the demand for Switch in Japan? 70k ain't going to solve that.

You're just waiting for the day when Switch's supply issues get in check so you can criticize its sales figures...lmao.

KrspaceT said:
Warriors games as I recall aren't huge sellers with the push of Hyrule Warriors to major success was in the west. I suspect the same will be of F.E Warriors.

I thought the Musou games were pretty popular in Japan?

VGPolyglot said:

'Were' being the operative word then. The genre as a whole has taken quite a tumble in recent years.

Its been sustaining itself with this kind of IP-crossovers - sticking the musou formula on a very popular IP. It works a lot of the time (Dragon Quest/Gundam/One Piece/Zelda) but it appears this was not one of those times.

Kresnik said:
VGPolyglot said:

'Were' being the operative word then. The genre as a whole has taken quite a tumble in recent years.

Its been sustaining itself with this kind of IP-crossovers - sticking the musou formula on a very popular IP. It works a lot of the time (Dragon Quest/Gundam/One Piece/Zelda) but it appears this was not one of those times.

I think the cross over at least with Zelda and Dragon Quest, has done better for it in the west.