By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 25th Sept. - 1st Oct 2017

Lawlight said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

...But youve been arguing with people this whole time about if there are stock issues. 

You asked if it did, but them whenever someone said it did have issues you tried to refute it. Lol.

I asked for proof, actually - which would be the sensible thing to do.

You provided yourself proof that there were stock issues and used it against the idea that there were stock issues. It's like saying if a PS4 slim sells for 1k$ in the US it must not have stock issues amirite guys?

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Kresnik said:

'Were' being the operative word then. The genre as a whole has taken quite a tumble in recent years.

Its been sustaining itself with this kind of IP-crossovers - sticking the musou formula on a very popular IP. It works a lot of the time (Dragon Quest/Gundam/One Piece/Zelda) but it appears this was not one of those times.

Well, I guess it makes sense that it'd be losing steam, with Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Warriors Orochi, One Piece Pirate Warriors, Fist of the North Star Warriros(?), Dragon Quest Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors and whatever else that's a lot of games to take in.

Koei Tecmo really saturated the market on musou games.  I used to wonder how they made their money until I realized that they crap out like, three musou games a year. 

As for Fire Emblem Warrior's sales compared to Hyrule Warriors, I always thought Fire Emblem was about as popular as Zelda in Japan but Fire Emblem Warrior's emphasis on recent titles might have left a bad taste in the mouths of Japanese fans as they could have interpreted it as Nintendo/Koei Tecmo catering to the west since that's where all the new fans came from.

Lawlight said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

...Do you lack common sense? Have you seen the demand for Switch in Japan? 70k ain't going to solve that.

You're just waiting for the day when Switch's supply issues get in check so you can criticize its sales figures...lmao.

Common sense tells me that it is in stock everywhere but Japan so why is Nintendo not shipping enough to Japan then? Decreasing shipments to countries where it's not selling well and increasing shipments to Japan would be common sense.

And, don't worry - in a month's time we will be getting official shipment numbers so we'll see if all those Switch beasting articles and posts hold up.

Decreasing shipment to the USA and they still have 3 Switch SKUs ahead of the PS4 on Amazon (US)? Wow, Switch really is beasting! 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

ryuzaki57 said:

Last but not least, consider that FE Warriors sold less on a booming new system and a 22m user-base system than Hyrule Warriors on the unpopular WiiU alone. FE is at the top of its popularity since Fates, so all that should tell you how bad it did. KT obviously made a bad deal handing over nearly all its games to Switch (ruining Nights of Azure 2 in the process) in exchange of 60K. Let's hope Atelier doesn't suffer from this alliance like NoA2 did.

The 2nd observation I would like to do is that data increasingly points to a clear audience problem on Switch : Switche... eh I mean Switch owners keep avoiding 3rd parties and JRPGs, while tirelessly buying Splatoon, Mario and the likes. Xenoblade 2, Lost Sphear are not in COMG either so it might be Wii/WiiU situation all over again, or maybe worse.

I'm going to focus exactly on FE Warriors here.

Apart from how Nintendo thinks this will bring the FE audience to the Switch (lol as if), they also did a terrible job at pandering to the entire fanbase - only Lyn and Celica playable outside of Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and if/Fates? Really?

The italicised part bugs me even more, because - if anything - the Vita held the other two versions back more than the Switch version held back the PS4 one. Unless you want to insinuate, of course, that they didn't just throw the Vita version (upscaled, of course) over and called it a day.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

TheWPCTraveler said:
ryuzaki57 said:

Last but not least, consider that FE Warriors sold less on a booming new system and a 22m user-base system than Hyrule Warriors on the unpopular WiiU alone. FE is at the top of its popularity since Fates, so all that should tell you how bad it did. KT obviously made a bad deal handing over nearly all its games to Switch (ruining Nights of Azure 2 in the process) in exchange of 60K. Let's hope Atelier doesn't suffer from this alliance like NoA2 did.

The 2nd observation I would like to do is that data increasingly points to a clear audience problem on Switch : Switche... eh I mean Switch owners keep avoiding 3rd parties and JRPGs, while tirelessly buying Splatoon, Mario and the likes. Xenoblade 2, Lost Sphear are not in COMG either so it might be Wii/WiiU situation all over again, or maybe worse.

Apart from how Nintendo thinks this will bring the FE audience to the Switch (lol as if), they also did a terrible job at pandering to the entire fanbase - only Lyn and Celica playable outside of Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and if/Fates? Really?

The italicised part bugs me even more, because - if anything - the Vita held the other two versions back more than the Switch version held back the PS4 one. Unless you want to insinuate, of course, that they didn't just throw the Vita version (upscaled, of course) over and called it a day.

It is Ryuzaki, he will never comment on Vita holding something back, but Switch totally holding it back. Just go back three or four media creates, he was heavily called out for it. 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
TheWPCTraveler said:

It is Ryuzaki, he will never comment on Vita holding something back, but Switch totally holding it back. 

Shut up, let him have his chance to back up his assertion.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

FE warriors at least beat Arslan I think. Not even close to most of the others first game in the series, so this one will probably not get a sequel. I would expect a Hyrule Warriors 2 before it.

I wonder which IP KT will use now for the Warriors series. Maybe Mickey Mouse?

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Stellar_Fungk said:

I wonder which IP KT will use now for the Warriors series. Maybe Mickey Mouse?

or Shrek

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Farsala said:
FE warriors at least beat Arslan I think. Not even close to most of the others first game in the series, so this one will probably not get a sequel. I would expect a Hyrule Warriors 2 before it.

There isn't much a HW2 would do... a 2nd revision with BOTW chars might work though.

FEW has every reason to do a sequal, and I think they made this game with sequals in mind.

Considering that FEW is constrained by install base and stock issues of the switch, I don't think its a bad number when HW sold only 50% more, plus the 3ds simultanious realese does hurt the switch version a bit.