By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 25th Sept. - 1st Oct 2017

Impressive Switch

75% Nintendo!

Around the Network

Nice numbers for the switch and the evergreen titles are showing.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

The legend of Heroes and Fire Emblem. I like both series.

Switch Power... if above 60k each week for the rest of the year it will be great!... it just need to hol d2 weeks more... It should be on its way up once Odyssey releases!
Most games up or great hold... I am happy...

Was expecting a bit more for FE... Switch is low. 3ds is just bad.

Switch!!!

Ka-pi96 said:
Anybody know how FIFA 17 did to compare?

Almost the same. 57K on PS4 and 13K on PS3. 

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/media-create-sales-92616-10216

Overall, not too bad for 18 on Switch, now that's 20K in total

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nautilus said:

The legend of heroes seems to have done well!Does anyone have the numbers of previous entries to have a comparison?

Switch had a excellent week, probably a restock due to FE Warriors.But that game simply did horribly.I expected that given that its using the FE brand, it should have done 100k FW.

As for the rest, they are all holding well.Splatoon 2, Zelda, Mario Kart.
PS4 alao has been very consistent with its hardware sales, so thats great too.

Hyrule Warriors did something like 80-100k in its first week. Fire Emblem Warriors wasn't going to match that, because Fire Emblem is a less popular IP than Zelda. On top of that the Warriors gameplay is closer to the Zelda IP than the Fire Emblem IP, so Hyrule Warriors constituted a better match for a crossover.

The opening of Fire Emblem Warriors is on the low side, but 60k between the two versions isn't really that bad.

Fair to say that more from was expected from FE Warriros considering it's simultaneous launch on two much more popular platforms than Wii U (and it's not like Fire Emblem and Zelda are that different in popularity).

Meh at best for all of the debuts this weeks imo.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

All non-dead consoles are getting a boost. Although overshadowed by the big Switch boost, the PS4 saw a great increase this week as well.

• Switch – 73,231 (43,426) + 68.63%
  • PlayStation 4 – 29,369 (23,814) + 23.33%
  • 3DS – 20,321 (19,272) + 4.98%
  • PlayStation Vita – 3,732 (3,707) +0.64%
  • Xbox One – 71 (76) - 6.58%
  • Wii U – 68 (56) + 21.43%
  • PlayStation 3 – 64 (87) - 26.44%

• Signature goes here!

Xbox One........ . : (
    It would be interesting to discover who are the people that are buying it in Japan and why. What kind of game consumer are they? Collectors? Expatriates/Immigrants?

Rogerioandrade said:

Xbox One........ . : (
    It would be interesting to discover who are the people that are buying it in Japan and why. What kind of game consumer are they? Collectors? Expatriates/Immigrants?

US Marines stationed in Japan 

Ok so, switch best selling point is stock itself, that is just amazing. I guess nintendo has japan locked in their pockets. Now to focus on the west. I wonder what supply is gonna be for mario