By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
the_dark_lewd said:
cdude1034 said:

Let's take this point by point:

[1] This is the exact same thing that happens on The Right whenever a non-white person shoots people. I know you bring up "false equivalence" in [3], but I'll get to why that's misinformed when I get there. That certainly doesn't make it right, but it certainly doesn't fit into the narrative of "Liberal Media OMG" you hint at, because ALL non-centrist news outlets do this.

Here's the thing though, when a white man does something terrible, the conversation isn't generally "white men need to be stopped" or "deport all white men" or "don't let white men into this country". The conversation is "Oh, mental illness is a terrible thing". Right off the bat white men get a pass. When you don't have to worry about blowback for your race, life sure does get so much easier.

You as a white man will never know what it's like to be called a "sand-n*gger" even though you're a 4th generation American. As a white person, you will never have to worry about being stopped by the cops and asked for your papers. Do you carry them on your person everywhere you go just in case you're asked? No, because you're white, and you don't have to. Right away, the onus is on the minority to prove they belong here because they don't look white.

When a Muslim in this country commits an act of terror, Muslim Imams and others are asked to condemn the violence. When a white man commits an act of violence, do we asked Southern Baptist preachers to do the same? No. He's a one-off. Not representative of an entire group. I was in middle school when 9/11 happened. The next day, I was walking with my friend Kumar (Indian) when a group of kids pushed him down, kicked him, and spit on him for no other reason than the fact he was brown. They called him "jihadi" and other inaccurate, hurtful things. Dude is actually christian! He was walking and talking with me, minding his own business when he was accosted because he's brown. This is something a white man will NEVER have to deal with in the US.

We're a country above all that was by and for white men. We were dragged kicking and screaming into letting minorites have rights. Hell, it took almost 150 years past our countries founding to give WOMEN the right to vote. We're STILL using creative ways to keep the influence of minority votes down (gerrymandering, voter ID, etc).

To reiterate: whenever someone of color commits an act of atrocity, the whole race is called into question, so when someone finally brings up the fact that white men might have a problem, it's been a long time coming. White men have had no idea what it's like to be demonized for the acts of a non-representative few. Not saying it's right, just pointing out the "double standard".

This response is genuinely horrifying. Essentially "because other people have been really fucked up in the past, it's OK if we do the same now because a completely different set of people happen to have the same skin colour as them (but had absolutely nothing to do with any of these crimes).

You seriously disgust me.

I want to believe you read my post, but it's clear you either didn't, or didn't comprehend what you read. Nowhere in my post did I say it was ok. What I did actually say is that it was a long time coming and that white people shouldn't be surprised if/when it happens. I even said "Not saying it's right, just pointing out the "double standard". So please, continue to misrepresent what I wrote. Even better, please point out errors! I'd love to evolve my views and see how I can better contribute to a conversation such as this.

I disgust you. For disagreeing with your opinion. Please think about this when you notice the lack of civility in public discourse.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
DarthMetalliCube said:

They're all a bunch of hypocrites. The ridiculous aspect of this is that these people don't seem to realize that the people that were mercilessly mowed down in Vegas were probably 95% white.. But you'll never hear that part.

And let's be clear, there is racism on the right too, which I of course reject - but as of late it's been a lot more frequent on the left being racsists against whites, and far more socially acceptable too (though in a subtle roundabout sort of way I view this "victimization" of many minorities these guys obsess over as a kind of bigotry too, as it's a sort of "soft bigotry of low expectations," which was one of the very few intelligent things I ever heard George W. Bush speak). I hear the shitting on white rhetoric from even my close family and friends on nearly a daily basis, or at least see it on twitter or TV. I used to get angry about it but now I just sort of sit back and laugh at what hypocrites they are. Let them wallow in their own hatred and realize THEY'RE the ones with the problem, not you. I've realized over the years many of these people's cries of "RASCIST!" is usually just projection. It's like when those super conservative priests or congressmen yell about the evils of homosexuality and lo and behold many end up having a history of fucking young boys.

I try to just remind myself that at the end of the day, what's it really matter? I'm still lucky enough to grow up in a middle class familiy in probably the most privledged and prosperous country in the world, in an era where we live like kings compared to people merely 100 years ago. I've never once in my life been confronted (at least in real life) or "called out" in some way merely for being a white man, let alone discriminated against or "oppressed" in any apparent way. Life is still pretty decent from where I sit, and many many people in the world have it far far worse. And besides, we're all individuals - which is by far the most important characteristic of humanity, not skin color which nobody has any control over whatsoever anyway - so people shouldn't make things personal based on race, myself included.

bolded part: hahahaah. wow. understatement of the year!! Racism is a central platform of the right. If you think there is more racism on the left, or even a fraction of what is on the right, you're living in a dream world buddy. That's like saying conservatives like guns, but liberals really like guns. Or, liberals support rights for everyone, but conservatives really support rights for everyone. That's all backwards.

Pointing out racism on the right does not count as racism towards white people, okay. It's just pointing out the obvious. Which some white people, like you, go apeshit over and just cannot take anyone pointing out how stupid lots of white people in this country are (and how racist lots of white people in this country are). Whenever I hear or see these idiots (American conservatives) in the news or in real life I just think to myself "goddamn POS white people", and I'm white! That ain't racism, that's understanding the reality that there is a group of roughly half the country that call themselves conservatives/Republicans and many of them are very stupid and the biggest whiners in the coutnry, sometimes racist, most of them at least support racist ideas or get mad at anyone who doesn't fully accept white superiority and non-white inferiority, which is exactly what racism is.

So yes it of course is more socially acceptable to point out racism that runs rampant in American white conservatives than it is to actually be a white racist. Not sure how you don't get why that is more socially accepted that being a racist. Again, pointing out racism of whites in America is not being racist.

Of course some people are racist towards white people. And some people do cry racism for no reason. But to say those things even make a mark on the radar compared to the rampant racism (whether overt or more subtle) of the American right is to say you're not paying attention to what's going on in America.

..?

This is an odd response and misses most of the point of what I'm trying to say.. You sure you responded to the right person?

What does "pointing out racism" have to do with what I said? That's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about DIRECT racism towards whites in general.. Yeah obviously there are PLENTY of racist white people - which I completely hate and comdemn, and they should absolutely be called out for their bullshit, but I guess one of my central points here is that people of ALL races are capable of racism (and believe me being the internet dweller I am I've heard/read PLENTY). The difference seems to be that these days, while most of the racist whites merely are limited to spewing their garbage on message boards/social media and barred from the mainstream (and rightfully so of course), racist comments TOWARDS whites are far more socially acceptable and are given a much more mainstream platform from which to speak, and are often given more leeway. 

And an additional point - this all seems to stem from this weird notion that somehow whites are far more susceptible and practicing of racism, and/or there's a vastly disproportionate number of them (an idea you seem to be flirting with in this post). Funny enough, this is ironically in and of itself - a RACIST statement, and a very untrue one at best. Or at the very least, as I've mentioned in another post, people DO recognise this media bias, but legitimize it in the sense that "well these people deserve this extra slandering because they're inherantly more privledged." Another ridiculous notion which in the Western World circa 2017 (yes even the United States) is mostly, if not completely baseless and false.

Again, I don't really care one way or another, I'm just pointing out the logic of where many are coming from here. I don't cry about it and certainly don't see myself as a victim.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

numberwang said:

Shit it's worse than I thought.

estebxx said:
barneystinson69 said:

Identity politics. Its ultimately sad, and its the reason there is so much racial divide in America. We don't have this problem in Canada for good reason.

Agreed, In my country (Colombia) we dont have this either, even though there is people here with all sort of skin color, skin tones, religions etc.

Yeah used to hang out with some Colombians. They called their black friends 'negros'. Apparently that's normal and the darker Colombians don't have a problem with it. Colombians are cool people.

Aeolus451 said:
Flilix said:

I'm not familar with Vox, but I just looked at their front page and it does indeed look like a left news outlet.

CNN on the other hand, looks like a normal news site. Maybe they have some left articles, but the big articles on their front page look quite alright.

For cnn, just put "cnn white men" in a search engine and you'll see what I mean. 

I see one story about a Trump advisory panel being 100% white men (big surprise), one CNN opinion article about "white rage" or something and a whole bunch of anti-CNN rage about the "white rage" opinion article (presumably white )

In other words, nothing much. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Aeolus451 said:

For cnn, just put "cnn white men" in a search engine and you'll see what I mean. 

I see one story about a Trump advisory panel being 100% white men (big surprise), one CNN opinion article about "white rage" or something and a whole bunch of anti-CNN rage about the "white rage" opinion article (presumably white )

In other words, nothing much. 

It's the picture they are trying to paint with that stuff that's important. You just can't see past the paint. All of the sources I used had a ton of articles/blogs like those that suggest that they have an agenda. 

I find the race baiting (and often anti-male shit that goes with it) to be very frustrating. No one chooses their race or gender. We choose how we act to each other though and i'm appalled by the shooting in Las Vegas but i'm even more appalled by the fact that some crazy SJW people seemingly celebrate that white people got shot,. Just fucked really. Just a way of dividing people and ignoring the real problems. About time we all went back to treating people based on their actions

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I came into the thread thinking this was a place for white men to hang out...

Locknuts said:
estebxx said:

Agreed, In my country (Colombia) we dont have this either, even though there is people here with all sort of skin color, skin tones, religions etc.

Yeah used to hang out with some Colombians. They called their black friends 'negros'. Apparently that's normal and the darker Colombians don't have a problem with it. Colombians are cool people.

Its pretty interesting because "negros" is pretty much the colombian equivalent to "Niggers" since thats what they called the slaves back then in my country, however we actually moved past it and that word lost all power to the point that ive never seen anyone used it as an insult, i do however see people use it in a friendly way as you just described.

estebxx said:
Locknuts said:

Its pretty interesting because "negros" is pretty much the colombian equivalent to "Niggers" since thats what they called the slaves back then in my country, however we actually moved past it and that word lost all power to the point that ive never seen anyone used it as an insult, i do however see people use it in a friendly way as you just described.

Kind of like how blacks here in USA refer to themselves as niggahs?