By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kerotan said:
I'm proud to be white. So many white men and women want darker skin. Fake tan, real tan, sunbeds etc.

Some even went orange when they should be turning red.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
estebxx said:

Its pretty interesting because "negros" is pretty much the colombian equivalent to "Niggers" since thats what they called the slaves back then in my country, however we actually moved past it and that word lost all power to the point that ive never seen anyone used it as an insult, i do however see people use it in a friendly way as you just described.

Kind of like how blacks here in USA refer to themselves as niggahs?

With the difference that anyone regardless of skin color can say Negros over here without a problem.

estebxx said:
sethnintendo said:

Kind of like how blacks here in USA refer to themselves as niggahs?

With the difference that anyone regardless of skin color can say Negros over here without a problem.

Yea, I ran into that problem back in early 2000s when I was young and dumb.  I believe I was at a party trying to call out Ja Rule and state that he isn't shit compared to Bone Thugs (this was in Ohio which is Bone territory).  It didn't end too well but least it didn't go beyond verbal argument.  Lets just say I was seperated and called out by a girl.  I still don't take anything back because Ja Rule is a fake ass bitch.

sethnintendo said:
estebxx said:

Yea, I ran into that problem back in early 2000s when I was young and dumb.  I believe I was at a party trying to call out Ja Rule and state that he isn't shit compared to Bone Thugs.  It didn't end too well but least it didn't go beyond verbal argument.  Lets just say I was seperated and called out by a girl.  I still don't take anything back because Ja Rule is a fake ass bitch.

What problem? Sorry i dont know who Ja Rule is or Bone thughs, or how any of this relates to what i just said.

estebxx said:
sethnintendo said:

Yea, I ran into that problem back in early 2000s when I was young and dumb.  I believe I was at a party trying to call out Ja Rule and state that he isn't shit compared to Bone Thugs.  It didn't end too well but least it didn't go beyond verbal argument.  Lets just say I was seperated and called out by a girl.  I still don't take anything back because Ja Rule is a fake ass bitch.

What problem? Sorry i dont know who Ja Rule is or Bone thughs, or how any of this relates to what i just said.

I believe I was drunk at a party and stating that Ja Rule (or Nelly one of the two) was a fake niggah and not real niggahs like Bone Thugs.  Basically saying one is a fake rapper and others are real rappers.  This coming from someone that doesn't even listen to rap much these days and if rarely it would be 90s rap.  Being someone totally white I can see how some blacks might get offended but if they knew anything about rap then they wouldn't have gotten upset at my analysis of the two different rap groups.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
estebxx said:

Its pretty interesting because "negros" is pretty much the colombian equivalent to "Niggers" since thats what they called the slaves back then in my country, however we actually moved past it and that word lost all power to the point that ive never seen anyone used it as an insult, i do however see people use it in a friendly way as you just described.

That's because Colombia practived miscegenation almost immediately after it abolished lsavery in the 1850s.  The US created specific laws to prevent it and oppress blacks for another 100 years.  We are still only a few generations removed from seperate water fountains for whites and blacks.

Well thankfully the U.S doesnt have any of those laws anymore, so at least it gives me hope that one day people in the U.S will also be able to move past it.

You're not seeing the underlying problem here.

The problem with headlines like these is that they're shifting the attention form the real issue (gun control) to a matter of cultural identity. And judging by your reaction they're really effective at it.

Aeolus451 said:
Final-Fan said:

I see one story about a Trump advisory panel being 100% white men (big surprise), one CNN opinion article about "white rage" or something and a whole bunch of anti-CNN rage about the "white rage" opinion article (presumably white )

In other words, nothing much. 

It's the picture they are trying to paint with that stuff that's important. You just can't see past the paint. All of the sources I used had a ton of articles/blogs like those that suggest that they have an agenda. 

My point isn't that your conclusion is wrong.  My point is that the evidence you cited is insufficient to justify the claim.  Therefore I am unconvinced by your argument. 

When you say "suggest they have an agenda", what do you mean by that?  Because I am wondering if you just saw someone pile up a bunch of confirmation bias.  With the major news sites, you could probably cherry pick enough stuff to make Fox look like Mother Jones.  Maybe they did it all scientific-like, but I have not yet been convinced. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
Aeolus451 said:

It's the picture they are trying to paint with that stuff that's important. You just can't see past the paint. All of the sources I used had a ton of articles/blogs like those that suggest that they have an agenda. 

My point isn't that your conclusion is wrong.  My point is that the evidence you cited is insufficient to justify the claim.  Therefore I am unconvinced by your argument. 

When you say "suggest they have an agenda", what do you mean by that?  Because I am wondering if you just saw someone pile up a bunch of confirmation bias.  With the major news sites, you could probably cherry pick enough stuff to make Fox look like Mother Jones.  Maybe they did it all scientific-like, but I have not yet been convinced. 

I wasn't listing those sources as absolute evidence with the goal of proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're trying to vilify or demonize white males (let's be honest about that no matter how much you list, some people will not be convinced no matter what) but rather as samples to perhaps make others curious about it so they do research on their own. We're not in a court of law. Some of those sources definitely have an agenda with this stuff or a strong bias. It's sort of a common sense.

I have no interest in wasting my time trying to convince an ideologue or a stubborn person. If someone is intelligent or open minded enough to entertain different ideas, they'll look into it themselves if you show enough to interest them. 

Who's the group of people that a lot of progressive circles point to as the boogieman who's out to get you, use as a pinata for people's frustrations, set up as a literal strawman? White males.