By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CupHead Impressions

jason1637 said:
Enjoying the game overall. Controls we clunky, so I ad to change it. I suggest changing shoot to RT and lock to LT. Also the game is so fucking hard. Played 2 hours and a half and am only on the 4th level.

This is exactly what I did as well (and X for switching weapons) - honestly, I have no idea who came up with default control scheme, but it's like they wanted to make it even harder than it is with it.

Around the Network

Great Indie game. Art style looks even better in person especially in 4k. Good reviews on it so far st a 86. Brutal as hell and addictive.

My friend drove 45min to my house, and I bought a second controller at walmart Friday, all to play coop Cuphead. But there ended up being an XBO network error with purchased content, and I couldn't download it that night >;(

So no coop for me, which sucked. But since that night I've been playing solo, and I'm really liking it. Just finished the first world. Took about 2hrs. The tree top level with the boss at the end was by far the hardest so far imo.

I've been pretty disappointed that the few games I bought an XBO for (e.g. Ori, Gears 4) were duds for me. Cuphead is great, tho, and has made my XBO purchase much more worth it. Can't wait to play the rest!

I had to give it a little rest. That second island is breaking me. It's not so much the difficulty, but the endurance is a mother! Just when you think you have a strategy figured out, there's always something random on the screen that will hurt you.

RJ_Sizzle said:
I had to give it a little rest. That second island is breaking me. It's not so much the difficulty, but the endurance is a mother! Just when you think you have a strategy figured out, there's always something random on the screen that will hurt you.

I'm still on the 2nd isle as well. I finally beat the genie, the candy lady, and the baloon guy. I have to beat the bird boss now. Crazy how someone already 1000g in 18 hours. There's some seriously skilled individuals out there.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network

Just beat the boss for the first isle.

jason1637 said:

There's many bosses. Which one did you beat?

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Rafie said:
jason1637 said:

Dont know the name but it was the flower one.

jason1637 said:
Rafie said:

Dont know the name but it was the flower one.

Yeah I found him easier to beat than the frogs. Now wait til you get to the 2nd isle. Those bosses there are a doozy.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Fuck the robot boss. For some reason I get a small lag during the last part of it that throws my rhythm off.